Потребителски аватар
Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България
Регистриран: 02 яну 2012, 19:25

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 24 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало
Аеро - Българското списание за авиация

1. Само един кандидат за ремонта на Ан-30 - 2020-01-23 20:05:47
Изображение
Само един кандидат е заявил желание да участва в процедурата за възлагане на обществена поръчка за осигуряване на летателната годност на единствения самолет Ан-30 от състава на ВВС. Това се вижда в публикувания протокол от работата на комисията работеща по процедурата.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 24 яну 2020, 18:00

Blog
Blog

1. Operation Anklet: Disrupting German communications in Norway - 2020-01-24 10:44:00
Audacious Missions of World War II uses hundreds of documents and images from The National Archives, including some that have never been seen in print before, to reveal some of World War II's most daring missions. The following extract recounts the diversionary raid: Operation Anklet.

Изображение

While the raid on South Vaagso was taking place, a diversionary raid was being carried out on the Lofoten Islands (Operation Anklet). Although this raid could be described as relatively minor, the plan was actually ambitious, though rather vaguely formulated (particularly regarding its likely duration).

Everything goes to plan
The intention was to use Skjelfjord as a temporary anchorage and Kirkefjord as a fuelling base for Combined Ops forces operating against the enemy’s lines of communication within northern Norway, ‘as long as conditions render this possible’. The main military force consisted of No. 12 Commando, along with some Norwegian personnel, under CO Lt Col S.S. Harrison, MC. Their main object was to temporarily occupy the towns of Reine and Moskenes.
Force J (the main force) sailed from Scapa Flow on 22 December. In the course of carrying out a sweep up the fjord, the principal naval force captured two Norwegian coastal steamers and sank an armed German trawler. Four landing operations were carried out on 26 December and the Belgian infantry assault ship, Prince Albert, reached Reine at the mouth of Kirkefjord. Here, the landing force of more than 100 men included Special Operations Executive (SOE) personnel under Maj Torrance, who, for a short time, made Reine a centre for distributing comforts to Norwegians, and arresting Germans and collaborators. A successful raid was also made on the wireless stations at Glaapen and Savargen, and several German prisoners were taken.
During the course of these activities, raiding forces found plenty of Christmas treats at Glaapen (large rations of chocolate, cigarettes and coffee), which they promptly distributed to the local inhabitants, who, according to an account on file, ‘cheered continually and shook hands with the troops, asking them to stay or take them home with us’.

Premature withdrawal
It was not all chocolate and good cheer, however, since the naval force had been spotted by an enemy reconnaissance plane. In consequence, on 27 December, a German seaplane dropped a bomb very close to the headquarters ship HMA Arethusa; it seemed that the high mountains did not offer the protection against air attack that had been hoped for. After receiving reports that the Germans were amassing more aircraft for an attack, R Adm Hamilton therefore decided on a withdrawal on 28 December.
Despite its curtailed duration, 29 German prisoners and six quislings were taken, and 266 Norwegian refugees were evacuated. In retaliation, the Germans arrested all Norwegian officers.

Self‑censorship
The story of the operation doesn’t end there, as an unusual episode occurred on the return journey. The incident involved Capts Jeffreys and Pinckney of No. 12 Commando, who threw films belonging to the official press contingent into the sea, prompting a strong complaint from Lt L.A. Puttnam, Official War Photographer. In defence, Capts Jefferies and Pinckney justified their actions in a report submitted to CO Harrison who, when he interviewed Lt Col Harrison, appeared to show some sympathy with his men’s actions, while simultaneously stating in a message that ‘the incident is regretted’.

Изображение
Capt Pinckney and Capt Jefferies explain why they threw the films overboard following Operation Anklet.
Crown Copyright courtesy of The National Archives’
One possible cause of both the captains’ actions and the CO’s sympathy with them was that Churchill was very unhappy at the outcome of the operation, which he called ‘a marked failure’, so perhaps the men wanted to dispose of any reminders of the mission. Churchill had expected a much more rigorous plan in terms of anti‑aircraft provision and a much longer stay on the Lofoten Islands, neither of which came to pass.

Audacious Missions of World War II is out now. Order your copy here to read more.

2. Guest Blog - Zona Alfa Solo Battle Report from Bloodbeard's Garage - 2020-01-24 09:28:20
Søren 'Bloodbeard' Bay from Bloodbeard's Garage is back on the blog with a battle report for Zona Alfa, playing the game solo using some of his own house rules. Please note that official solo rules from designer Patrick Todoroff are in the works, but we always love seeing what people come up with in their wargaming!
"Okay Roaches, listen up. This is gonna be our first trip into the zone under my lead. We've been over the rules. Shut up, stay close, do everything I say. One of the guards owed me a small favor, nothing big, but we won't be disturbed.
We're going just inside the cordon, a BTR-80 and team have gone missing - they're toast. No doubt. The weather shifted and the thing has been covered in radioactive rain for days, the army boys ain't gonna get it back anytime soon.
Consider this a team work excercise, see if this team works out. Any loot we'll split between us. No rookie! Nothing for you or your friend. Your payment is your experience gained in a safe environment. You'll get some cash eventually - if you make it. So remember: Shut up, stay close, do as I say".
Going solo
So my first 12AP team is going into the zone for the first time. I've chosen the introductionary scenario from the Zona Alfa rulebook, but I'll be playing the scenario solo using my own unofficial house rules.
The objective is to clear a small town of hostiles, get to a vehicle and retrieve any loot from it. There's a few zombies and mutated dogs roaming around the area.
Author Patrick Todoroff is currently working on official solo rules for the game, but I was so excited to give the game a try that I made a few tweaks before entering the zone solo. The monsters are not 12" bound to the objective - they can roam free. Monsters will start attacking player models when they get LOS to them. Monsters can intervene the player turn. After the first player model have taken its actions roll a d10. On a 10 the monsters will take their turn. After the second player model enemies will intervene on a 9-10. And so forth. Enemies will get an increasingly higher chance of intervening the player turn. I roll for a random corner to enter with my team, after setting up the monsters.
In setting up this scenario I did read a bit wrong, only having two packs with a pair of dogs in each. It should have been four dogs instead.
Setup
The layout is a small town with a broken down military BTR-80 (a Russian APC) in the middle. In two random houses there are some nasty mutated dogs. Around the vehicle in the middle there's also four zombies - part of the military unit that went missing.
A roll on the weather table had this be a high radiation zone - so one less turn to get the job done. Six turns to clear the area and successfully loot the vehicle.
I used some of my red brick MDF buildings for the town and chose to set them up as single storey buildings. I added a few vehicles and a giant pile of junk. I imagine such junk piles all over the zone, left over from cleaning up roads and paths.
Unlike my other wasteland setups, I want an overgrown and swampy feel in this zone. So as a touch up to the board I add clumps of moss all over the place, as nature has started to take back the zone. And then a sprinkle of static grass, dirt, cinder blocks and twigs to add texture to the felt terrain.

Изображение

An abandoned excavator, last used to pile up contaminated junk. This is a little nod to the excellent A Roadside Picnic.

Изображение

The BTR-80, Russian armored personel carrier and some zombies around it. These are actually sci-fi zombies from Mantic, painted in modern camo and with a few modern bits added (AK-47s and bergen rucksacks).

Изображение

Entry point
I split my squad into two teams and decided to roll a a dice for the corner to enter from. This way I can't take advantage of the map - and random is good when playing solo. Both teams had to enter the board from the top left corner.

Изображение

Some of those nasty dogs who roams the zone eating everything they can get close to. I should have doubled the amount of dogs, but only realized this after finished the game.

Изображение

Turn 1
My team is entering the zone. Everything is wet from radioactive rain, they are close, this is their first zone run as a unit. There is my leader and his veteran friend, two hardened fighters, and finally two rookies - my Leader doesn't have a lot of money yet and rookies are free - paid with the experience they get.

Изображение

The unit quickly spreads out to form two flanks of attack. The veteran and hardened soldier armed with a light machine gun moved away from the others, staying hidden behind a house. The veteran has the hustle skill - very nice in the first turn - getting 2" more for moving into position.

Изображение

The rest of the unit moved on the other side of the building. The rookies fall a bit behind, but the leader gave an action point to one - giving him a bit of extra speed. They hug the cover to stay out of sight of the zombies.

Through the first turn the monster didn't intervene and take the turn. All my guys are out 12" away and outside of LOS anyways. The quiet before the storm...

Изображение

Turn 2
"мозги!"
The second turn started with my bone-doc, a hardened trooper, moving behind a car and taking a shot a zombie. He managed to take one out with a clean headshot, but he rolls a fumble and gets a pinned counter - something is jammed in his old AK47 assault rifle.
I consider giving an extra action to one of the rookies, but they are terrible shots - and that would better used for the leader. So he stepped out of cover and fired his battle rifle twice, the red dot sight coming in handy. He takes out another zombie.

Изображение

The veteran moves across an alley to hide behind another house. Aiming down the alley he shoots at a visible zombie. The armor of the zombie saves it from death. Having the unload skill, the veteran empties his magazine and with four firepower dice the zombie is brought down.

Изображение

After the veteran's action, the monsters make the 8+ intervention roll and the take over the turn. Being within 12" of an objective, the last zombie and two dogs rush down the alley towards the veteran. This also take them out of sight from the rest of the unit - good for them.

Изображение

My LMG trooper moves up to the alley and scores four hits with the weapon, benefitting from both the steady hands skill and a red dot sight. He takes out the zombie, as this is a more dangerous target than a couple of dogs.
Turn 3
The immediate threat is the dogs in the alley, and I decided to start out with the LMG wielding soldier. This is the first time getting a critical when rolling dice and I quickly use the extra activation to take out the dogs closing in.

The monsters don't get to intervene at this time and the veteran (also in the alley) has a nice clear shot at the dogs on the other side of the street. Having three action points, he reloads his weapon just to unload it again. With the hail of lead he's able to take out the last remaining dogs and the objective is now clear of enemies.

Изображение

Turn 4
This turn as there's no danger and every man of the crew is running towards the armored vehicle. After a few failed attempts, the bone-doc manages to find the military attaché, a couple of grenades and a pair of binoculars.

Изображение

Изображение

Aftermath
"Not too bad roaches, not too bad. We all made it out alive, found a few pieces of gear for the guys. Hey, you didn't even get scratched, burned or bitten!

Now let's take this attaché to the locksmith. There must be a reason for it to be hidden in that armored car and I don't want to wreck whatever is inside.
Go to the bar and get a drink. I know there's no rubles! Here, you can pay with a couple of 7.62 from those braindeads. I'll get back to you as soon as I get another hint to follow, this time we'll perhaps make it a bit deeper into the zone.
Dasvidaniya."

Изображение

That was a fun little game! My crew made it out and got a bit of gear. The group earned a total of 8 advancement points - not enough for any kind of increase, but it's a start.
Perhaps the game would have been a bit more challenging if I hadn't forgotten those last couple of dogs. On one side, there was no opponnents to shoot at them. But that works both ways.

For the next scenario there'll be bandits with guns - that should change up things a bit. And hot spots. I'm looking forward to the hot spot part of the map. Because you have to get fairly close, the spawned enemies will be bigger trouble.
It's gonna be good, I'm looking forward to entering the zone again.
Want to head into the Exclusion Zone yourself? Order your copy of Zona Alfa here.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 26 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Boeing 777X извърши успешен първи полет - 2020-01-26 03:11:41
Изображение
Най-големият двудвигателен лайнер в историята Boeing 777X успешно извърши своя дебютен полет. Това стана днес, 26 януари 2020 г.

2. Малък самолет аварира край Русе - 2020-01-25 17:05:45
Изображение
Лек самолет е аварирал при опит за кацане на площадка до русенското село Бъзън. При инцидента са пострадали двамата намиращи се на борда му, но те са без опасност за живота.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 27 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Легендарният баскетболист Кобе Брайън загина при вертолетна катастрофа - 2020-01-26 22:20:30
Изображение
Легендата на американския баскетбол Кобе Брайън е загинал при вертолетна катастрофа в околностите на Лос Анджелис. Това е станало вчера, 26 януари 2020 г.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 27 яну 2020, 18:00

Blog
Blog

1. The Art of Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age - 2020-01-27 10:47:51
Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age is a mass-battle fantasy game designed by Joseph A. McCullough, publishing on April 30 2020.
The rulebook is filled with fantastic artwork from three talented artists; Ralph Horsley, Jan Pospíšil, and Mark Stacey. Their artwork helps to bring the fantasy world to life, and should provide you with some great inspiration when it comes to creating your armies.
On the blog today we have a preview of one piece from each artist - a taste of what is to come when you get your hands on your copy of Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age. Ralph Horsley

Изображение

Ralph Horsley is an award-winning artist who has worked in the print games industry for more than two decades. In that time, he has worked for leading games and game publishers, including Magic: The Gathering, Dungeons & Dragons, World of Warcraft, and Warhammer. Jan Pospíšil

Изображение

Jan Pospíšil is a Czech artist who has worked for award-winning games and game publishers, including The One Ring, Hillfolk, and Glorantha. Mark Stacey

Изображение

Mark Stacey was born in Manchester, UK, in 1964 and has been a freelance illustrator since 1987. He has a lifelong interest in all periods of history, particularly military history, and has specialized in this area throughout his career. He now lives and works in Cornwall.
Preorder your copy of Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age today!

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 28 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Самолет-ретранслатор на ВВС на САЩ катастрофира в Афганистан - 2020-01-27 19:22:20
Изображение
Самолет-ретранслатор E-11A BACN от състава на ВВС на САЩ е катастрофирал в Афганистан днес, 27 януари 2020 г. По първоначални данни няма оцелели сред намиращите се на борда.

2. Катастрофа с хърватски OH-58D - 2020-01-27 16:17:15
Изображение
Разузнавателно-ударен вертолет OH-58D Kiowa Warrior от състава на ВВС на Хърватско е катастрофирал днес, 27 януари 2020 г. Единият пилот е загинал, а другият все още се издирва.

3. Полша подписва за F-35 в петък - 2020-01-27 15:00:04
Изображение
Полша ще подпише договор за покупка на 32 броя изтребители F-35A този петък (31 януари 2020 г.) Това съобщи министъра на отбраната на страната Мариуш Блашчак в своя профил в социалната мрежа Twitter.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 29 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Сили на САЩ достигнаха до падналия E-11 - 2020-01-28 21:35:23
Изображение
Специални сили на САЩ са достигнали мястото на катастрофата на самолет-ретранслатор E-11A, който се разби вчера, 27 януари 2020 г. и са прибрали телата на загиналия екипаж. Това съобщава Newsweek, позовавайки се на източници в Пентагона.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 30 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Румъния подписа за още пет португалски F-16 - 2020-01-29 20:55:30
Изображение
Румънският военен министър Николае-Йонел Чюка подписа със своя португалски колега Жоао Гомес Кравиньо договор за покупката на още пет употребявани изтребители F-16. Това стана на 27 януари 2020 г. в португалската авиобаза Монте Реал.

2. Leonardo купува швейцарския вертолетостроител Kopter - 2020-01-29 19:53:05
Изображение
Италианската компания Leonardo ще купи швейцарския вертолетостроител Kopter. Това обявиха двете компании в началото на традиционното вертолетно изложение Heli-Expo.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 31 яну 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Япония избира партньор за създаването на новия си изтребител - 2020-01-30 21:10:23
Изображение
Япония трябва да избере през тази година партньор, с който да създаде своя нов боен самолет, като колебанията са между САЩ и Великобритания. Това пише водещия японски англоезичен вестник Nikkei Asian Review.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 31 яну 2020, 18:00

Blog
Blog

1. 10 Board Games Available for Under £15 - 2020-01-31 09:58:35
The Osprey Games sale is running until the end of February, meaning there are great deals on a wide range of our books, eBooks, and games. Today on the blog we're looking at 10 games that you could add to your collection for under £15! Letterpress £14.99 – 1-6 Players

Изображение

OK - so we're starting with one that isn't actually on sale... however, Letterpress is available for just £14.99, and if you like word games it is a must for your collection!
Compete with your rival wordsmiths to craft the most impressive words and win first pick of letters to add to your collection. Choose wisely, for you will find any you leave in the words of your opponents, and the player who uses their stored letters to greatest effect will spell victory.
Playable by up to six players, with solitaire rules pitting you against the industrious rotary printer, Letterpress offers an enticing challenge sure to appeal to gamers and word-lovers alike.
Check out this review from Tom Vasel at The Dice Tower to find out more about this game!
Preorder your copy today! High Society £10.49 – 3-5 Players

Изображение

As the quintessential bon vivant you must spare no expense following the latest trend and surrounding yourself with the fineries of life that you justly deserve. Assert your status, impress your peers, and avoid at every turn.
In Reiner Knizia's classic auction game, players must bid against each other for life's luxuries, while avoiding going bankrupt in the process. High Society features 16 stunning Art Nouveau-inspired illustrations by Medusa Dollmaker.
Think that High Society might be a good addition to your collection, perhaps these reviews from No Pun Included, The Dice Tower, and Actualol can help to convince you!
Order your copy of High Society today! Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth £7.50 – 1-4 Players

Изображение

For years he's been the law in Mega City One, but now it's time for Judge Dredd to bring justice to the rest of America. It's time for him to venture into the Cursed Earth.
Featuring competitive, co-operative and solo player modes and specially commissioned artwork from Dredd artists Rufus Dayglo and Dan Cornwell, Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth is an immersive sci-fi western in which players must lead a team of judges against dinosaurs, mutants, and the Cursed Earth itself to hunt down a dangerous man who has fled the city, before a gang of criminals can get to him first. As they scour the wastelands, the team will encounter a host of classic 2000 AD characters that will push their resources and abilities to their limits.
Find out more about the game in this review from Zee Garcia at The Dice Tower.
Order your copy today! Sakura £11.00 – 2-6 Players

Изображение

Sakura is a light tactical game of pushing your luck, and pushing your friends. Each player will simultaneously decide how far to move both their character and the Emperor. The player closest to the Emperor when the cherry blossoms are reached will gain a huge amount of prestige, but if you push too far you risk bumping into the Emperor and walking away in disgrace.
Find out more about the game in this review from Zee Garcia at The Dice Tower.
Click here to order your copy of Sakura.
Star Cartel £11.00 – 3-6 Players

Изображение

Star Cartel is a space trading game of making the right bets at the right time. Players take on the role of traders and smugglers, trying to maximise the value of the goods they have stockpiled, while minimising the value of other player's goods.
Check out this review of Star Cartel from The Game Boy Geek!
Order your copy of Star Cartel today! Odin's Ravens £11.89 – 2 Players

Изображение

Every morning Odin sends his ravens, Huginn and Muninn, across the world to bring back news of what life is like on Earth. Naturally, after thousands of years, they've gotten a little competitive…

Race through the landscape in opposite directions to be the first to return to Odin. Focus on speed, or enlist the help of the trickster god Loki to create shortcuts and hinder your opponent. Can you be certain Loki's changes won't help your opponent instead? There's only one way to find out!
Find out more about the game with this review from The Dice Tower.
Order your copy today! Samurai Gardener £4.50 – 2-5 Players

Изображение

Balancing thoughtfulness and great speed - such is the way of the gardener.
You are a samurai, tasked with upholding the honour of your noble lord. Now you must face your toughest task yet - ensuring he has a more beautiful garden than the other Japanese lords!
Move quickly to grab the best cards, but play them thoughtfully to ensure you have the most appealing bushes, paths and ponds. Race to complete your garden quickly, or plan carefully to go for the big points!
Want to know more? Check out this review of Samurai Gardener from Sam Healey at The Dice Tower.
Order your copy of Samurai Gardener today! Zoo Ball £6.60 – 2-4 Players

Изображение

Zoo Ball,a highly skilled sport of pushing the other team out of the way to slide your scorer into their base!
Now it's your chance to play! Push all three defenders to clear a path, or just push your scorer to go for goal. Play head-to-head, or in a four team free-for-all. Customise your teams as much as you like. That's it. You're ready for the Zoo Ball!
Not sure if Zoo Ball is the game for you? Perhaps this review from Drive Thru Games could help you make up your mind!
Order your copy of Zoo Ball today! Shahrazad £3.90 – 1-2 Players

Изображение

A solo and cooperative tile-laying game. Players will help Shahrazad tell stories to pass another night by playing tiles featuring unique takes on iconic fairy-tales to construct the best story.
Each turn players will play a single tile, then draw a tile, building a folk-tale tableau. With 24 oversized, fully illustrated tiles in a deluxe package Shahrazad is a beautiful gift package for couples, or parents and children. Placing certain story types together will grant players more points, but telling a story in the wrong order will drastically limit their options.
Check out this review from The Dice Tower to see what Zee Garcia had to say about Shahrazad.
Click here to order your copy today! Agamemnon £11.89 – 2 Players

Изображение

None can defy Fate but the gods themselves. Driven by the ambition of their king, the Greeks have arrived on the shores of Troy. Some seek power; some seek revenge, while others seek the great moment in battle that will define their place in history. From veteran designer Günter Cornett, Agamemnon is a fast-paced strategy board game in which two players take the roles of ancient Greek gods during the Trojan War. By tactically deploying warriors to where they're needed across the board, each player may influence the final outcome of the battles famously detailed in Homer's Iliad. Some areas will be decided by the strength of your warriors, some by sheer weight of numbers, and others by the inspiration your heroes provide.
Find out more about this game in this review from The Dice Tower.
Order your copy today!

Hopefully this has helped you find some new games to add to your collection!

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 01 фев 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Испания купува PC-21 - 2020-01-31 21:37:42
Изображение
Испания подписа договор за доставката на 24 турбовитлови учебно-тренировъчни самолети Pilatus PC-21. Това стана вчера, 30 януари 2020 г.

2. Полша подписа за 32 изтребителя F-35 - 2020-01-31 20:47:15
Изображение
Полският министър на отбраната Мариуш Блашчак (на снимката) подписа днес, 31 януари 2020 г., договор за покупката на 32 изтребителя F-35A. Неговата стойност е $4,6 млрд.

3. Все повече авиокомпании спират да летят до Китай - 2020-01-31 19:42:22
Изображение
Все повече авиокомпании спират да изпълняват редовните си полети до Китай или поне сериозно намаляват честотата им. Това е в резултат на епидемията от коронавирус, която върлува в азиатската страна.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 03 фев 2020, 18:00

Blog
Blog

1. February Book Vote and Last Month's Results - 2020-02-03 10:05:00
This month, the book vote looks at the Weapon series, with five new books battling for your vote. Read more about the full list of options before casting your vote by clicking on the link below!

WPN: The Dreyse Rifle

WPN: Naval Boarding Weapons WPN: Weapons of the US Navy SEALs WPN: Sniping Rifles in the Asia–Pacific War 1937–45
WPN: Weapons of the Trench Raider 1914–18

The Dreyse Rifle
Adopted by Prussia in 1841, the innovative Dreyse ‘needle gun’, a breechloader, came to transform battlefield tactics by the time of the Austro-Prussian War of 1866 as it could fire five shots in the time it took to reload a muzzle-loading firearm. The Dreyse was outclassed by the French Chassepot in the Franco-Prussian War of 1870–71, but ushered in a rapid evolution of firearms technology.

Naval Boarding Weapons
In the Age of Fighting Sail, the prospect of boarding actions prompted the world’s navies – and others, such as merchants and pirates – to arm themselves with a fearsome array of close-combat weaponry. In this study, weapons from the standard cutlass to the Nock gun employed by Britain’s Royal Navy are described and assessed, complemented by a lively assessment of boarding tactics.

Weapons of the US Navy SEALs
Founded in 1962, the US Navy’s Sea, Air, and Land Teams (SEALs) have played a key role in conflicts from Vietnam to the “War on Terror.” This fully illustrated book investigates the wide array of personal weaponry employed by the SEALs in a host of combat environments, from the Stoner 63 assault rifle to the Mk 22 Model 0 semiautomatic pistol.

Sniping Rifles in the Asia–Pacific War 1937–45
In 1937–45, much of the Pacific and Asia was engulfed by war. Fighting in a wide variety of demanding combat environments, the Japanese and their US, British, Chinese and other opponents fielded various sniping weapons, most being variants of standard-issue service rifles. This study assesses the sniping weapons and methods employed by the various combatants.

Weapons of the Trench Raider 1914–18
The brutal conditions of trench warfare during World War I prompted the development of a wide variety of specialized weaponry for raiding and other actions, ranging from clubs and bladed weapons to trench mortars and hand grenades. In this book the weapons employed by British, French, German, US, Russian and other forces fighting in the trenches are assessed and compared.

Make your vote by clicking here!
Last month we asked you what would you like to see published in our Air Campaign series. Thank you to everyone who voted and provided feedback, the full results are listed below!
ACM: Lorraine 1918: Billy Mitchell’s great Franco-American air offensive over St Mihiel/Meuse-Argonne 24% ACM: Germany 1942: The RAF brings area-bombing, fire-bombing, and 1,000-Bomber raids 20% ACM: Berlin Airlift 1948: The first air campaign of the Cold War 21% ACM: Operation Niagara 1968: The huge close air support operation over Khe Sanh 17% ACM: Operation Allied Force 1999: NATO’s ‘humanitarian air campaign’ against in the Kosovo War 18%

Did your favourite win? Which Weapon title did you vote for? Let us know in the comments!

2. Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age - Sample 2,500 point army - 2020-02-03 08:21:00
Oathmark: Battles of The Lost Age is an upcoming mass-battle fantasy wargame coming in April 2020, written by Joseph A. McCullough. On the blog today, we're taking a look at a sample 2,500 point army made up of Elves, Dwarves, and Goblins.

Изображение

We’ve seen a few people asking on the Oathmark Players Page about how many figures you’re going to need for your Oathmark army, so we thought we’d help you out with this little visual aid. The army photographed above comes in at around 2,500 points (when you factor in magical items for the characters), which is a good size for a standard game of Oathmark.
In the army, Dwarves, Elves, and Goblins are fighting shoulder-to-shoulder, focused on the riches that lie outside the borders of their shared kingdom rather than squabbling for dominance within it.
Led by a Dwarf Prince, the bulk of the force is made up of Dwarves and Goblins, with the Elves offering a small but deadly group of Archers and a mid-level spellcaster. Could this be a sign that the Elves are less committed to the alliance, or are they just confident enough in the quality they bring to the battlefield, rather than the quantity?
You can find a full list of the units selected, along with their points cost, in the image below

Изображение

If you would prefer to see this list as a text file, click here.
Hopefully this has helped to give you a bit more of an idea of the size of forces in Oathmark: Battles of the Lost Age. Of course, it is possible to play smaller engagements, or clashes between armies considerably larger than the one we’ve shown you today.
Oh, and for those of you who are wondering what the Oathmark Army Planner is, check back in on the blog later this week – we’ve put something together we think you’ll like! Previous: Oathmark Artwork Preview
Next: Oathmark Army Planner (coming soon!)

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 04 фев 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Български C-27J прибра двама сънародници пребивавали в Китай (обновена със снимки) - 2020-02-03 17:02:33
Изображение
Военно-транспортен самолет C-27J Spartan от състава на ВВС на България изпълни задача по транспорт на двама български граждани от Франция до София. Те бяха евакуирани от китайския град Ухан, където върлува новият коронавирус.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 04 фев 2020, 18:00

Blog
Blog

1. Stalk The Line - Zona Alfa Crew from Phil Smith - 2020-02-04 10:00:22
This post originally appeared on Phil's blog - Plastic Malpractice - where he posts all his latest creations. Head on over there to see what else he's been working on!
A distressingly long time ago (November 2017!), I built myself a Stalker for Eastern European post-apocalyptic action. He has seen little action, as it happens, but the recent release of Zona Alfa has given my interest in the genre a kick in the pants.

As before, I grabbed a load of Warlord Games WWII plastics and a bunch of their modern zombie-survivor special forces, and bashed the lot together!
Изображение

First up, a shotgun-toting scout. This chap has actually been sat on my desk since November 2017, as I built and started painting him immediately after finishing the first Stalker! The arms from the special forces sprue aren't as generic as the WWII ones, so only fit on certain special forces torsos (usually at a strange angle). This is the only figure I was able to put together that had a relatively natural pose! Still, I really like the hunched, cautiously advancing pose.
Изображение

This guy is, hands-down, my favourite of the bunch. At first, I worried that it was a little too close to the pose of the original Stalker, but it ended up coming together perfectly. The balaclava head is from the special forces sprue, and didn't sit particularly well on the WWII body, so I went to the green stuff and added a fleece collar. This bulked out the shoulders a bit, and blended the head into the body, while also giving a bit of pop to a mini that might have come out a little dull otherwise (due to the grey balaclava). The AK has had the magazine clipped off, while the spare mag in the left hand was originally intended for an StG 44.
Изображение

Another greatcoated guy, this one hauling some salvage, while attempting to keep his rifle at the ready. The head is actually from a Frostgrave sprue, and required the collar be carved open a little wider to fit. I reckon it works out with a decent parka-ish effect. This one got a similar paintjob to the original Stalker, though I tried to keep the weathering a little more prominent, as if from fresh splashes rather than worn-in dirt. I'm not sure how well it worked out - I quite like the effect, but it might be a bit too different from the original model. My favourite aspect of this model is the sawn-off shotgun on his backpack - I found a full-sized field shotgun on a zombie survivor sprue and sawed it down to suit! There's nothing holding it onto the backpack, which would normally be a peeve, but... rule of cool!
Изображение

This last one is my least favourite of the bunch. It just didn't really come together the way I'd hoped. While I do like the pose, the single rolled-up sleeve is a little odd, and I really had a hard time painting the face on this one. Getting the thin fringe of fleece on the cheek-flaps of the hat was a personal victory! He'll be an expendable scout, I suspect.

All told, I've now got a viable Zona Alfa gang of five figures (viable in terms of numbers - I still need to stat it out properly), and a hankering to kitbash some more!

Изображение

The obligatory group shot. The original Stalker is at centre.
If you want to give Zona Alfa: Salvage and Survival in the Exclusion Zone a try, order your copy today!

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 05 фев 2020, 12:00

Аеропрес - Начало

1. Стартира предварителният прием във ВВВУ - 2020-02-04 21:29:11
Изображение
ВВВУ „ Георги Бенковски“ стартира от 12 февруари до 29 февруари 2020 г. кампания по предварителен прием на курсанти и студенти за учебната 2020/2021г. Това съобщиха от военновъздушното училище.

Отговори

Върни се в “Новости от производителите на модели / Manufacturers' news”