Новини - литература и периодика

Раздел за фирмени новини
Потребителски аватар
Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България
Регистриран: 02 яну 2012, 19:25

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 13 мар 2018, 00:00

1. René Francillion est parti... - 2018-03-12 04:03:00
Bonjour,Je viens d’apprendre la triste nouvelle, René Francillon est décédé.Comme illustrateur j’ai eu la joie de collaborer avec lui pour deux livres signés de sa main, le P-51 et le F-104 Starfighter, deux sujets qui ne sont pas parmi les moindres, j’ai apprécié sa gentillesse et sa modestie, un détail qui a sont importance pour cerner sa personnalité, c’est le seul auteur ayant eu le geste de mettre un petit mot de reconnaissance pour l’illustrateur, ainsi que pour le dessinateur des plans (Iulian Robanescu) dans les remerciements…Le premier livre ou plutôt livret que j’ai acheté avec ma première paie, c’était en 1974, était écrit par lui, un PROFILE sur le CAC Boomerang.Je lui dédie ce profil, si Dieu le veut on se rencontrera dans le paradis.
TD
Изображение

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 13 мар 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Spitfire Singh - 2018-03-12 13:59:00
The previously-untold life story of Harjinder Singh is a fascinating one, from his devastating childhood, which saw him lose his mother, father and his siblings, to becoming one of the leading figures of the Indian Air Force. In Mike Edwards's new book, Spitfire Singh, Harjinder's thrilling career is brought to life. In today's blog post, Mike discusses how he first came to hear the full story of the lowly Sepoy who became a top officer...
Standing in your College Principal’s office with a pistol in your hand is not the normal method to select your future career path. When the retired British Royal Engineer addressed Harjinder along the lines of: ‘Shoot me Harjinder, my dear chap. That is absolutely fine. However we can keep India quelled by these new-fangled aeroplanes.’ It sparked something in Harjinder’s mind. The die was cast.

Изображение

After flying over the heads of the crowds and TV crews in Delhi in a newly restored Tiger Moth, that I had only just managed to return to the Indian Air Force (IAF) days before, I was invited to the IAF Chief’s house that evening. A perfectly turned out gentleman approached me in the garden party and asked if I knew about Harjinder Singh, the man who saved this Tiger Moth and the Harvard, Spitfire, Hurricane, Tempest and others that were to follow into the IAF Vintage Flight. ‘Wasn’t he the Sepoy who became an Engineering Officer and then a pilot?’ I asked. After Mr Nanda gave me a nod and a smile indicating he was pleased with my knowledge I winged it further: ‘The RAF must have been pleased to have such a multitalented man in their ranks?’ The smile changed. ‘You really don’t know the story of Harjinder, do you?’. I had been found out!

Изображение

Mr Nanda had his own oil company but in the office safe was not the gold bars and jewels I expected but every diary, speech, photograph and note Harjinder had written. I pulled out one random piece of paper at a time. Every sheet had a story that seemed unbeatable in adventure, daring and bloody-mindedness until the next piece of paper was taken from the pile.
I soon read about open cockpit Wapiti biplanes over the romantic sounding, but brutally harsh, North West Frontier, Khyber Pass and Afghanistan. A swirl of camaraderie, hardship, bigotry and naturally humour from unexpected quarters.
The stories of taking on the Japanese in Burma soon appeared. What aircraft were the IAF given by the RAF? Something modern? No, the obsolete Lysander but on the request of his Squadron boss, whilst in the jungle, Harjinder converted these reconnaissance machines into bombers. The American Flying Tiger mercenaries shared their jungle strip and instantly took a shine to these kindred spirits, staggering into the air, flying at ultra-low level knowing if they were spotted by a Japanese fighter, they were dead. When you, and your ground crews, are separated from the aircraft what do you do? If you are Harjinder, you steal a steam train and fulfil the boyhood dream of being the train driver, but with ever present death from the air. Burma formed the reputation of the IAF and cemented the legend of Harjinder the ‘Wizard’.
Most stories tail off after a major conflict but Harjinder’s story just seems to tighten the spiral of adventure. On the first day of the 1947 Kashmir War, where do you find him? With a Dakota transport aircraft, landing in the “enemy” air base of Lahore asking if he can rummage around and get the spares and tools he needs to carry out this war. Hs ex-colleagues obliged of course.
How Harjinder became Harjinder naturally wasn’t straight forward…
Click here to order your copy of Spitfire Singh: A True Life of Relentless Adventure.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 15 мар 2018, 00:00

1. En préparation sur mon écran : Le Focke-Wulf 200 Condor. - 2018-03-14 12:21:00
Bonjour,
un gros morceau ce Condor, et puis j'ai toutes les versions à faire d'un coup, un beau casse tête...
Mais avec un peu de méthode je m'en tire pas trop mal, je le fais par petits bouts, façon puzzle.
Les ailes d'un côté, le fuselage de l'autre et encore les différentes nacelles, et puis les capots moteurs, plus les détails et bidules, gondoles d'armements, tourelles, antennes, etc...
Un livre de 320 pages avec 28 profils et 660 photos.
Juste un petit morceau du ' Scourge of the Atlantic' ( Le Fléau de l'Atlantique) qui porte bien son surnom, même pour un illustrateur, alors pour commencer voici cet amuse gueule pour fana de gros avions.
Thierry Dekker

Изображение

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 17 мар 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Cryptid - New deduction game from Osprey Games! - 2018-03-15 12:15:33
OSPREY GAMES ANNOUNCES CRYPTID, A NEW
DEDUCTION GAME TO RELEASE IN SEPTEMBER 2018!
We’re delighted to announce that in September 2018 we will be publishing Cryptid, a deduction game for 3-5 players designed by Hal Duncan & Ruth Veevers, with artwork by Kwanchai Moriya. The game sees players take on the role of cryptozoologists on the trail of an unidentified creature, but only one will be able to claim the glory of discovery!

Изображение

Cryptid (n): a creature whose existence is disputed or unsubstantiated.
You’ve studied the footage, connected the dots, and gathered what meagre evidence you could. You’re close – soon the whole world will know the truth behind the cryptid. A group of like-minded cryptozoologists have come together to finally uncover the elusive creature, but the glory of discovery is too rich to share. Without giving away some of what you know you will never succeed in locating the beast, but reveal too much and your name will be long forgotten!
Cryptid is a unique deduction game of honest misdirection in which players must try to uncover information about their opponent’s clues while throwing them off the scent of their own. Each player holds one piece of evidence to help them find the creature, and on their turn they can try to gain more information from their opponents. Be warned – give too much away and your opponents might beat you to the mysterious animal and claim the glory for themselves!
The game includes a modular board, five clue books, and a deck of setup cards with hundreds of possible setups across two difficulty levels. It is also supported by an entirely optional digital companion, allowing for faster game setup and a near-infinite range of puzzles.
We'll be posting more news about the game closer to release, so keep an eye out for the latest information (and, of course, for cryptids).

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 21 мар 2018, 00:00

1. En préparation sur mon écran : le Fw 200 Condor... - 2018-03-20 11:16:00
Bonjour,
un sujet assez lourd à mettre en œuvre, beaucoup de détails et de nombreuses variations.
En voilà déjà un ...

Изображение

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 21 мар 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. The Writing of No Ordinary Pilot - 2018-03-20 16:30:00
Today on the blog we are looking at the incredible story of Bob Allen, whose extraordinary memoirs are capured in No Ordinary Pilot, written by his daughter Suzanne Campbell-Jones. Suzanne joins us to discuss uncovering her father's fascinating life during World War II, from dogfights over the channel, to being shot down and held at Stalag Luft III.
Why write about my father? He had left a memoir, wasn’t that enough? Well, no. Written in the third person with names and places changed, it was practically valueless as a historical document. It only told of one man’s experiences, there was no context. Yet his story was extraordinary. Full of surprises. More than that, it is the story of an ‘ordinary’ boy, working as a research chemist, who was transformed by war into a heroic fighter pilot. In the context of World War II it belongs to historical events which are slipping out of reach.
I called him Daddy. He was known as Bob. But he wrote about Richard. Bob Allen became Richard Ardennes. I was intrigued by this subterfuge. I asked questions but he would not discuss it. After his death I inherited a black tin trunk of memorabilia and his flying logbooks, which helped me a lot to recover the story. There was a hat covered in braid, Squadron crests lining the walls of his study, the RAF Benevolent Fund magazine, memories of lunches and dinners at the RAF club in Piccadilly, and watching the Red Arrows from the beach at Bexhill.
Flying was the great passion of his life. I was a filmmaker. He suggested a film about the Battle of Britain with his advice and contacts. The making of that film which was commissioned by ITV took me deep into his territory – the RAF. On a visit to the Oxford University Air Squadron I was taken up in a trainer and taken through some basic aerobatics, loop the loop and barrel rolls. So exciting. When I told Daddy he just waved his hands. Why should I be surprised of course it was exhilarating? But he was delighted with the interviews we got with German aces, Adolf Galland and Mackie Steinhoff. After the film screening at BAFTA in Piccadilly I have an abiding memory of the two desperately disfigured faces of Steinhoff and Tom Gleave smiling as they waited for a taxi to take them to dinner together. Daddy, Bob Allen, never held a grudge against Germany or the Germans. We fought ‘the enemy’ he said. The enemy might be anywhere.
Bob Allen’s first squadron was no.1 flying a Hurricane, of which he left a graphic description of his first dogfight over the channel. His memoir matches his flying log and is accurate according to the Squadron records held in the National Archives at Kew. He was only with no.1 for a few months before being transferred to West Africa to Sierre Leone, in charge of aerial reconnaissance.
I began my research for No Ordinary Pilot with West Africa, partly because it fitted chronologically but also because it had been my area of study as a student anthropologist. My sister and I knew Daddy had spent time in West Africa he even called papaya by the local African name paw-paw. But what was he doing there? What was it like in West Africa in 1941? After some time in the National Archives and the British Library I moved onto the Imperial War Museum. Even with the help of experienced archivists, information was sparse. Then we looked at the Middle East and there was the full story of the Atlantic and trans-Sahara supply routes. The enemy was the Vichy French.
During the 20 months he spent in Africa, Bob’s actions in engaging the enemy won him the DFC (Distinguished Flying Cross) and a ‘Mentioned in Dispatches’ for distinguished service in photographic reconnaissance.

Изображение
Bob (middle row, third from the right) and 266 Squadron,1944.
Bob returned to Britain and to the home he had never seen on Christmas Eve 1942 to find a one year old daughter, me. When I wrote the Battle of Britain film I was determined to include civilians in the story. As well as the black tin trunk, I inherited a blue leather hat-box which held a few bundles of letters belonging to my mother. Alice Allen was a school-teacher,who especially loved teaching maths to 11 year olds. After typing my father’s memoir she began an account of her own. She called it a fiction but it was deeply autobiographical. Her writings, the letters and newspaper clippings provided a link to the family at home.
My parents always celebrated the 25th July. I was already a grandmother before I found out why. It was the day Bob Allen was shot down. As part of the planned invasion Bob’s squadron of Typhoons – fighter-bombers – was ideally placed to attack the railheads and communications of the occupying forces. As soon as enough territory had been taken by the Allied forces the squadron base was moved to Normandy to a grass strip outside Caen. The aerial combat was deadly. Casualties great. On July 25th 1944 Bob’s luck ran out and he was shot down over enemy territory. His logbook reads “Killed whilst on operations”. My mother received the dreaded telegram and a widow’s pension. But he had managed to get out of his burning aircraft and fell amongst an SS Panzer division just ten miles from his home airfield. His desire to escape was absolute.
In the summer of 2015 I flew from Bournemouth (Hurne) airport to Deauville. It was a similar route to that flown by my father on D-Day 1944. I asked the stewardess to find out our height as we went over the channel. I wanted a sense of his height as he approached the Normandy beaches. We embarked on a week’s recce of the airfields and places recorded in the flying log. There was B3 – a temporary landing strip marked by a solid granite memorial. There were the villages, scarcely more than a collection of farm buildings. I had read descriptions of the liberation of Normandy. It was shocking. Brutal. Inhumane.
One of the hardest parts of the book for me was the section on imprisonment and the winter march. How could this man who loved flying manage to survive? A young man, full of ideas of the chivalry of combat and the honour of fighting for his country was imprisoned, interrogated, put in solitary confinement, half-starved, force-marched and witness the heinousness of desperate men. Bob never gave up hope or ideas of escape even after months in notorious Stalag Luft 3.
Bob’s memoir says little about the day-to-day experience of being a POW. Stalag Luft 3 was a huge camp divided into sections. I could not work out which block he had been in. It was early summer 2016 when I went to Poland with my husband. The Director of the Museum in Sagan welcomed us. Bob’s memoir mentioned picking up apples from the roadside, so I asked if there was a road to the camp lined with fruit trees. It was the road to the Belaria compound and the orchards were still there.

Изображение

We walked through overgrown fields as our guide pointed out remnants of walls and perimeter fencing. An afternoon in the Museum archive with the curator Mirek Walczak proved invaluable. Together we worked out the route of the winter march taken by prisoners from Belaria compound. Local villagers commemorate the march with plaques and annual services of remembrance. The events of 70 years ago are not forgotten. I had needed to see the forests of Poland before moving on for rolling farming country and for Luckenwalde, the site of the POW camp from which Bob and his companion Barney finally escaped their liberators - the Russians. It was Germans who sheltered the two pilots as they made their way on foot and by bicycle west to Torgau on the river Elbe. When we visited Torgau there was an exhibition in the Castle marking the ‘historic link up, signifying the defeat of fascism’. An annual festival ‘Spirit of the Elbe’ celebrates ‘peace between nations’.
What happened to Bob Allen after the war? Wisely, perhaps, he spent much of the next year recovering from his experiences. But he had the flying bug. He decided to stay on in the RAF and took a permanent commission. 20 months after being shot down he was back in the air over Germany – this time in charge of his own squadron – no.33. He was soon winning accolades for his aerobatics, and in 1948 his squadron became part of the Berlin Airlift. He was flying over territory where once he had been a prisoner.
My father had a long and distinguished career in the RAF, and retired with a CBE. He never lost his reluctance to speak of his wartime exploits. He had given himself to the defence of his ideals; he was honoured for that with medals and commendations. I wrote No Ordinary Pilot to honour him and to share his extraordinary story. © S.C-J March 2018
Bob's fantastic story is now available to order, click here to get your copy of No Ordinary Pilot today! If you'd like to hear more about Bob's fascinating life, click here to listen to Suzanne's recent interview with BFBS Radio.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 22 мар 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Defenses of Bermuda 1612–1995 Book Launch - 2018-03-21 16:53:24
This Thursday, 21 March 2018, author of the new Fortress 112: Defenses of Bermuda 1612-1995, Terry McGovern, will be at the Bermuda Underwater Exploration Institute for the launch of the book.This will include a signing and a lecture about the fantastic addition to Osprey's Fortress series. The book signing begins at 7pm, followed by the lecture at 7.30pm. Get your tickets and find out more information, by clicking here.

Изображение
'Due to its location in the western North Atlantic some 600 miles off the Carolinas and halfway between Halifax in Canada and Jamaica in the West Indies, the island of Bermuda was a key naval haven for the Royal Navy over the centuries. It was vital for the Navy first in the development of its American colonies, then during its rivalry with the United States, and finally as allies with the United States. The need to defend its 64 miles of coastline and ports has resulted in the construction of about 50 forts from 1617 to 1945 even though its total land mass is only 20.6 square miles. This led to an incredible concentration of fortifications with 2.5 forts for every square mile. Today, the legacy of these defence efforts remain either as disused structures or parks scattered throughout Bermuda, many of them now popular tourist attractions. Using stunning commissioned artwork and meticulous research, this is the fascinating story of Britain's "Gibraltar of the West”.'

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 28 мар 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Frostgroove - Ghost Archipelago Playlist - 2018-03-27 08:36:44
The Frostgroove competition has come to a close. Thank you to all the entries for helping us create a fantastic playlist for anyone leading their crew to the Lost Isles in Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago.

Track list:
Welcome to the Jungle - Guns N' Roses
The Legend of El Dorado - Derek Fiechter
The Feathered Serpents of the Aztecs - Les Baxter
The Idol Temple - John Williams
Eden's Island - Eden Ahbez
The Mariner's Revenge Song - The Decemberists
Crawling King Snake - The Doors
Pirates of the Caribbean - The Intermezzo Orchestra
Sails to te Fiti - Mark Mancina, Opetaia Foa'i
Hot, Hot, Hot - The Merrymen
Congratulations to the winners on their fantastic suggestions, and if you have any more ideas for what to include on the Ghost Archipelago playlist send them our way!

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 04 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Burrows & Badgers - Where does your allegiance lie? - 2018-04-03 10:06:56
Burrows & Badgers is a skirmish game of anthropomophic animals by Michael Lovejoy, publishing on 19th April. Develop your warriors with extensive skill and spell lists, weapons, armour, and rare magical artefacts. Lead your warband from battle to battle, and uphold the name of your faction!
With just a few weeks left before Burrows & Badgers hits the shelves, many of us are busy preparing our forces! From hedgehog warriors and squirrel knights to cunning foxes and mighty badgers, all are preparing for battle, but where will their allegiance lie? Royalists

Изображение

Miniatures available from Oathsworn Miniatures

The Kingdom of Northymbra faces difficult times. King Redwulf is missing and his son Prince Reinert rules as regent in his stead, struggling to hold the kingdom together. Faced with the continuous harassment from the Freebeasts, with the possibility of war with the Wildbeasts growing, and with dissension spreading among his own Lords, Knights, and Nobles, Prince Reinert relies heavily on the support of his loyal warbands. Effectively members of the Royal Army but acting on detached duty, they carry out dangerous and deniable missions across the land. A Royalist warband might be made up of noble knights, weary veterans, a religious order, or even convicts doing public service in lieu of prison time. Rogues

Изображение

Truly, the Kingdom of Northymbra is rife with trouble and the days are dark. War threatens in the east, the King is missing, the foxes are stirring up unrest, and three years of bad harvests are taking their toll, but some beasts thrive in such unsettled times. Happiest when living rough, these bands of rogues haunt the woods and abandoned villages of Northymbra. They survive by hunting, raiding, and banditry. Some coastal warbands have even taken up a life of piracy. In the courts of the nobles, such beasts are viewed as the scum of the earth but out in the woods, they are kings. Freebeasts

Изображение

The Freebeasts are those who live in Northymbra, but do not submit to the rule of King Redwulf. They are mostly found in the southwest of the Kingdom. Those towns and villages are almost all controlled by the various fox families, who form a ruling elite, controlling both legitimate trade and most criminal activity. The claim is that Freebeast society is a meritocracy, with everyone valued for their contribution, rather than their race or position. The reality is somewhat different but if you’re always ready to grab an opportunity, you can climb to the top of the pile. Just don’t worry too much about who you’re treading on. Wildbeasts

Изображение

On the edges of the Kingdom of Northymbra live many Wildbeasts. Whether the rats of the Ironstone Hills in the east, the frogs and toads of the western lakes, or the shrews and wildcats of Strath Clota in the far north, all seek to expand their territories and raid into the settled lands. In many ways, they are more in tune with the natural world, with the old magic of root and branch. But don’t be fooled – these are not peace loving, gentle creatures, any more than a thunderstorm is gentle.

Which faction will you be siding with when Burrows & Badgers is released? Let us know in the comments section below!

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 05 апр 2018, 00:00

1. Consternation.... - 2018-04-04 05:24:00
Bonjour,J’ai reçu mon exemplaire du HORS-SÉRIE n° 47, traitant d'un sujet que j'apprécie toujours, l'aviation japonaise. De plus, esthétiquement parlant, les hydravions me plaisent beaucoup... Malheureusement en découvrant le premier profil de votre serviteur, j'ai vite déchanté !En effet, les profils dans leur totalité sont massacrés, par l'imprimeur, je le précise.Les metteurs en page et moi-même n'y sommes pour rien, pour preuve voici 9 profils tels qu'ils furent livrés... dans les deux sens du terme. J'avais déjà remarqué la tendance "perfil negra", l'imprimeur en question est en Espagne, GRAFICAS MONTERREINA, pourtant dans le passé il nous avait habitué à de bons résultats ! Cette société s'occupe aussi de BATAILLES AÉRIENNES... plus ou moins le même soucis selon les numéros.
Remarque valable aussi dans les derniers numéros d'AVIONS, le phénomène est particulièrement visible sur les Hellcat, car ils sont bleu foncé, les He 111 aussi, pour les autres(les avions japonais) la tendance est moindre, on est à la limite de l'acceptable, l'imprimeur est en France, donc MAQPRINT peut mieux faire... .Alors, quand bien même nous ne sommes pas en cause, mille excuses à nos lecteurs qui sont, pour certains, amateurs de belles images.Nous espérons que les prochaines fois les types derrières la machine feront leur boulot... Avec la concurrence, pourtant assez forte dans ce secteur d'activité, je ne comprends pas pourquoi la qualité et la constance ne semblent pas importantes pour ces "professionnels"...
Cependant certains tiennent la route, deux-trois exemples : les imprimeurs qui ont réalisé les livres sur le F-104, DROGOWIEK en Pologne, la KG 100 idem, le 350 (Belgian) Squadron GRAFICAS LIZZARA en Espagne et puis aussi l'imprimeur de Mombeeck pour LUFTWAFFE GALLERY, ils sont au top. Celui d’Erik Mombeeck est en Pologne, je tiens à préciser qu'il est d'une régularité exemplaire dans la qualité de son travail ! Dommage que je n'ai pas le nom de cette société...
Je les salue et les remercie !
PS: Concernant les plaques métalliques de STUDIO HUGO, (voir plus bas) il remporte la médaille d'or du respect de l'œuvre originale !

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 07 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Salute 2018 - Price List and Preorders - 2018-04-06 10:11:00
Salute is just over a week away, and you’ll be able to find us at stand TJO4 alongside North Star Military Figures, with a great range of wargames, miniatures, board games, and military history titles. Below you can find a full price list for the books and board games we'll be bringing along, as well as some special offers you won't want to miss! Special Offers
Burrows & Badgers will be available on our stand and from Oathsworn Miniatures (TL03), with a fantastic free miniature available with every purchase. Here he is: Gromley the Mouse Burglar!

Изображение
Free miniature will be provided unpainted
Anyone buying a copy of Outremer: Faith and Blood will be entered into a draw to win a miniature painted by author, and talented miniature painter, Jamie Gordon!
We’re bringing plenty of copies of Gaslands, with a free die-cast car with every purchase to help get your team started!
We’ve also got loads of Frostgrave warband rosters and Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago crew sheets, available whenever you purchase any books from the series. Price list Burrows & Badgers £19.99 'Nam: The Vietnam War Miniatures Game £29.99 Dracula's America: Shadows of the West £19.99 Dracula's America: Hunting Grounds £14.99 Mad Dogs With Guns £14.99 Scrappers £19.99 Horizon Wars £19.99 Frostgrave: Fantasy Wargames in the Frozen City £14.99 Frostgrave: Thaw of the Lich Lord £9.99 Frostgrave: Into the Breeding Pits £9.99 Frostgrave: Forgotten Pacts £9.99 Frostgrave: The Frostgrave Folio £9.99 Frostgrave: Ulterior Motives £14.99 Frostgrave: Second Chances £8.99 Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago £19.99 Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago Accessory Pack £14.99 Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago: Lost Colossus £9.99 Frostgrave: Ghost Archipelago: Tales of the Lost Isles £8.99 Bolt Action: World War II Wargames Rules £29.99 Bolt Action: Armies of Germany £19.99 Bolt Action: Campaign: Battle of the Bulge £19.99 Bolt Action: Campaign: Sea Lion £19.99 Bolt Action: Campaign: New Guinea £19.99 Bolt Action: Campaign: The Road to Berlin £19.99 Bolt Action: Campaign: Market Garden £19.99 Bolt Action: Armies of the United States £14.99 Bolt Action: Armies of Great Britain £14.99 Bolt Action: Armies of the Soviet Union £14.99 Bolt Action: Armies of Imperial Japan £14.99 Bolt Action: Armies of France and the Allies £14.99 Bolt Action: Armies of Italy and the Axis £14.99 Bolt Action: Tank War £14.99 Bolt Action: Battleground Europe £19.99 Bolt Action: Ostfront £19.99 Bolt Action: Germany Strikes! £19.99 Bolt Action: Empires in Flames £19.99 Bolt Action: Duel in the Sun £19.99 Konflikt 47 £29.99 Konflikt 47: Resurgence £19.99 Osprey Wargames Series All Titles £11.99 Board Games Sakura £21.99 Lost Expedition £21.99 London £39.99 Escape from Colditz £49.99 They Come Unseen £39.99 Star Cartel £21.99 Odin's Ravens £16.99 Agamemnon £16.99 Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space £29.99
If there are any games you know you’ll want us to bring along, or anything else from the Osprey Range, send us an email at https://ospreypublishing.com/info@ospreygames.co.uk with the subject line Salute Preorder by next Tuesday and we'll do our best to bring it along! We will send an email confirmation to let you know if your order will be available for pick up! Any payment will be taken on collection.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 09 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. RAF Playlist - Music to celebrate the anniversary of the Royal Air Force - 2018-04-08 10:18:00
April sees the centenary of the RAF, the world's first independence air force. To mark this anniversary we are publishing Michael Napier's magisterial new book, The Royal Air Force: A Centenary of Operations. If you have already got yourself a copy, or if you just want to get in the mood to celebrate this anniversary, then why not have a listen to our playlist that we think celebrates the history and spirit of the RAF.

Track list:
The Dam Busters March
Royal Air Force March Past
633 Squadron
Spitfire
White Cliffs of Dover
Aces High
Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines
The Battle of Britain (March)
Ride of the Valkyries
The Red Arrows

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 11 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. April Book Vote and March's Results - 2018-04-10 10:37:00
It's been a while since we've had a Men-at-Arms book vote, and we're bringing it back with five exciting new ideas. Below are some brief descriptions of what these potential titles would focus on. Have a read, then make your decision by clicking the link below!
MAA: Women at War 1914–18
MAA: Iberian Warriors 500–50 BC
MAA: Yugoslav Armies 1941–45
MAA: Spanish Troops in South America 1809–1826 MAA: French Naval & Colonial Troops 1816-1870

MAA: Women at War 1914–18
World War I saw the creation of, for the first time, government-raised women’s military auxiliary services by many of the belligerent powers. This book looks to describe these different services, including examples of women who actually took up arms, such as those in Russia, Serbia, and even in the Irish Easter Rising.
MAA: Iberian Warriors 500–50 BC
This proposed Men-at-Arms title looks into the latest evidence for the material culture of the ancient warrior societies that flourished in today's Spain and Portugal, and which would finally become deeply involved in the clashes between the rival empires of Carthage and the Roman Republic.
MAA: Yugoslav Armies 1941–45
From the Royal Yugoslav Army’s surrender to the Axis powers in April 1941 through to Tito’s Partisans throughout World War II, Yugoslav Armies 1941–45 will look at the armed forces in Yugoslavia throughout the conflict, including the Serbian Volunteer Corps and Mihailovic’s Chetniks.
MAA: Spanish Troops in South America 1809–1826
Spanish Troops in South America 1809–1826 looks to cover the opposition to patriotic juntas and to the liberation armies led by Bolivar and San Martin during the South American struggles for independence.
MAA: French Naval & Colonial Troops 1816-1870
The Troupes de la Marine were always a separate branch distinct from the French Army, with their own organization and uniforms and a reputation for self-reliance. In the early and mid-19th century they garrisoned overseas possessions and mounted expeditions in the West Indies, West Africa, the Indian Ocean and Pacific – even in the Crimea, Italy, Mexico and China – and provided an army corps for the Franco-Prussian War.
Make your vote by clicking here!
Last month's Duel book vote was a battle of two title ideas, each gaining strong support. Ultimately, the champion you chose was Mi-24 ‘Hind’ vs FIM-92 Stinger (Afghanistan 1980-89) with 33.83% of the overall vote. Close behind with 27.86% was Ju 87 Stuka vs Royal Navy Carriers (1940-42). Thank you for taking part! DUE: Ju 87 Stuka vs Royal Navy Carriers 27.86% DUE: Mi-24 'Hind' vs FIM-92 Stinger 33.83% DUE: IJN vs USAAF Skip-Bombers 11.73% DUE: Bristol F 2B Fighter vs Fokker Dr I 16.92% DUE: P-47 Thunderbolt vs Ki-61 'Tony' 9.66%

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 12 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Outremer: Faith and Blood - 2018-04-11 08:17:00
Outremer: Faith and Blood is the latest addition to the Osprey Wargames series, bringing skirmish wargames in the Crusades to your tabletop. Designed for warbands of 3-13 fighters, the rules allow for quick, rapid play, with a skirmish taking between 45 - 60 minutes.
In 1095AD, Pope Urban II made a call to all Christians to take up arms and march forth to the Holy Land. This was in response to a plea from the Byzantine Emperor whose Orthodox Christian Empire was under threat from the Anatolian Turks. Instead of the few knights he was expecting, thousands of Crusaders from all walks of life heeded the call and within two years they had seized Jerusalem and established the Crusader States.
For 200 years the Christians and various factions of Islam simultaneously co-existed and fought each other for control of Outremer until, in 1291, the final major Crusader stronghold of Acre collapsed and the Westerners were driven from the Holy Land.
Outremer: Faith and Blood is a skirmish game set during this period and allows you to field warbands of fighters who are vying for dominance in the name of their God. You must recruit, arm, and lead your warriors as their success or failure will be down to your decisions. This game can be played as a one off encounter but it is really designed to facilitate campaigns, where you will be able to watch your fighters grow (or die) as the campaign progresses. The Factions: Crusaders (The Franks)

Изображение
A band of newly arrived crusaders search the Holy Land for treasure and glory in the name of God.
Originally, the Crusaders were European men and women who came to Outremer in order to liberate Jerusalem from Muslim rule. By the time of the later Crusades many of these individuals had actually been born in the newly formed Crusader States. The individuals making up the Crusader armies were exceptionally diverse with paupers and merchants marching alongside knights and Lords, under the banners of Christ. Military Orders

Изображение

The monastic Knights of St. John patrol through the desert wilderness looking for Saracen bandits.
The Military Orders were a unique concept that arose during the Crusader period, they were Frankish fighters who had taken monastic vows and lived as warrior monks, protecting pilgrims, driving back Islamic armies, and acting as advisors to the secular Lords of Outremer. From humble beginnings, these brotherhoods grew in wealth and power until they were amongst the most influential organisations in Christendom. Saracens

Изображение
An Islamic warband cautiously moves through the desert of Outremer on the lookout for Christian raiders.
The term Saracen is something of a generalisation as during the 200 years that the Crusader states stood there were various assorted Caliphates and Armies that all served under the Crescent of Allah. Some were united against the Western barbarians that had invaded their lands whilst others fought as viciously against each other as they did the Christian armies.
Outremer: Faith and Blood is currently available to preorder on the store, and will be published on 19th April.

Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 14 апр 2018, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Napoleon's First Victory: Siege of Toulon 1793 - 2018-04-13 11:44:00
We've teamed up with the incredible YouTube channel Epic History TV once again, as they bring you a fantastic new series. This new episode focuses on the origin of Napoleon Bonaparte, and how the young Corsican artillery officer rose to fame during the Siege of Toulon.

If you enjoyed this video, see more from EpicHistoryTV over on their YouTube channel here. Also, if you're inspired to read more about the siege and Napoleon, see our related titles:
Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Do let us know what you think of this new series!

Отговори

Върни се в “Новости от производителите на модели / Manufacturers' news”