Новини - литература и периодика - Архив 2017г.

Раздел за фирмени новини
Потребителски аватар
Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България
Регистриран: 02 яну 2012, 19:25

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 13 ное 2017, 00:01

Blog
Blog

1. Remembrance Sunday 2017 - 2017-11-12 10:30:00
Today is Remembrance Sunday in the United Kingdom and across the Commonwealth of Nations, where we take time to reflect and remember those who have died in wars since World War I.
Below is a very fitting and touching tribute from The Royal British Legion, which features the famous war poem, 'In Flanders Fields'. The poem was written by Lieutenant-Colonel John McCrae following the funeral of Lieutenant Alexis Helmer, who was killed at the Second Battle of Ypres. Since its first publication in the magazine Punch in December 1915, the poem has remained incredibly popular.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 15 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Frostgrave: Second Chances - Sample Chapter - 2017-11-14 08:34:00
At the end of this month, Frostgrave gets its first novel-length story, written by the talented Matthew Ward.
Frostgrave: Second Chances follows Yelen and Mirika Semova, sisters who eke out a living by delving for the Frozen City’s lost treasures. They’re a formidable team, but is that enough in a city shrouded by danger and deceit? Especially with a demon lurking in the depths of Yelen’s soul…
Want to know more? You can read the first chapter for free, below.

Delving in the Frozen City yourself? Frostgrave: Second Chances also includes a table-top scenario written by Joseph A. McCullough. And why not add Yelen and Mirika to your warband, courtesy of miniatures from North Star Military Figures?
Frostgrave: Second Chances is available from November 30th.
Order your copy today!

Matthew Ward
After a decade serving as a principle architect for Games Workshop’s Warhammer and Warhammer 40,000 properties, Matthew embarked on an adventure to tell stories set in worlds of his own design. He lives near Nottingham with his extremely patient wife – and four attention-seeking cats – and writes to entertain anyone who feels there’s not enough magic in the world.
His thoughts, scribbles and news of upcoming projects can be found at www.thetowerofstars.co.uk.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 17 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Thomas Hudner and the Battle of Chosin Reservoir - 2017-11-16 10:36:00
Изображение
On 13 November, former officer of the United States Navy, naval aviator and recipient of the Medal of Honor, Thomas J. Hudner Jr. passed away, aged 93.
The heroic story of how Lieutenant Hudner received the Medal of Honor is one of brotherhood and loyalty, and is relayed in Thomas McKelvey Cleaver's book, The Frozen Chosen. Below is an extract from the book.
'Snow squalls fell from the dark sky, covering the heaving whitecaps of the slate-gray Sea of Japan. The mountains of North Korea came into view in the distance as the six dark-blue F4U-4 Corsairs of VF-32’s Iroquois Flight went “feet dry” north of the port of Hungnam. The rugged pine-covered mountains below were smoothed by snow drifts that might be ten feet deep. The six Corsairs made their way through a line of valleys, looking up at the cloud-shrouded peaks from their altitude of 500 feet over the rugged terrain. As they swept out of the last valley, the clouds broke to show the flat, windswept expanse of the desolate frozen Chosin Reservoir. It was Monday, December 4, 1950.
Iroquois Flight leader Lieutenant Commander Dick Cevoli banked north as they passed the ruined village of Yudam-ni, site of a deadly battle between the 5th and 7th Marine Regiments, 1st Marine Division and the Chinese “volunteers” led by Marshal Peng Dehuai that had only ended that morning as the 5th and 7th Marines successfully made their way through the 11 miles of Toktong Pass to the relative safety of the village of Hagaruri, site of division headquarters, a 96-hour battle that had cost the Marines 100 men per mile.
The Navy fliers’ job that day was reconnaissance, to locate any of the Chinese forces that had ambushed the Marines at every strongpoint they had held in the reservoir the previous Monday night, November 27.
Cevoli glanced over at his wingman, Lieutenant George Hudson. Beyond were the two Corsairs of the second element, Lieutenant (jg) Bill Koenig and Ensign Ralph McQueen. The third element, composed of element leader Ensign Jesse Brown and his wingman, Lieutenant (jg) Tom Hudner, were slightly to the rear. As the Corsairs winged their way over another mountain valley on the far side of the reservoir in the Tae Baek Mountains, Bill Koenig dropped beneath Brown’s Corsair. Suddenly his voice came over the radio: “Jess, check your fuel status.”
Brown glanced down at the gauges to see the fuel needle dropping alarmingly. Ahead, the ridgeline rose above his flight altitude. As he pulled back on the stick and soared over the ridge, he felt the engine stutter, and the rpms dropped sharply. “This is Iroquois One-Three. I’m losing power. I have to put it down. Mayday. Mayday.”
As Brown went through the drill of dropping his belly tanks and under-wing ordnance, wingman Tom Hudner pulled close alongside. “Okay, Jesse, I’ll walk you through the list. Lock your harness. Open your canopy and lock it.” Hudner saw the big bubble canopy on Brown’s Corsair slide back. As Brown’s nose dropped, Hudner warned, “Watch your airspeed.”
The other members of the flight could only watch helplessly as the Corsair dropped toward a bowl-shaped clearing on the side of a mountain. Brown lowered his flaps and set up to crash land. On the mountainside, the shadows of the trees were growing longer in the late afternoon sun.
Hudner winced as he watched the Corsair touch down in a cloud of snow and plow across the field, throwing up a rooster tail of snow behind until it came to an abrupt stop, nearly into the line of trees that bordered the clearing.
The five surviving Corsairs circled as their pilots anxiously watched for a sign of movement from their comrade. Hudner circled lower and spotted smoke wafting from beneath the broken cowling. “Get out, Jesse! Come on!” There was still no movement below. Hudner later recalled, “Somebody was going to have to go down and help. Since nobody else was volunteering, I decided it would have to be me.” Hudner ditched his ordnance and tanks and throttled back. “I’m going in.”
“Roger,” flight leader Cevoli responded. All was silence while Hudner set up for a carrier approach at minimum speed, flaps down. Lower... lower... lower...
As he saw the ground coming up fast, Hudner told himself: “This is really stupid, you know?”
“The ground seemed to rush at me as I hit, and then I was out of control, snowplowing across the field and hoping I was going to end up somewhere close to Jesse.” With a lurch, the Corsair slammed around 90 degrees and slewed to a stop. As the cloud of snow settled, Hudner could see he was about 80 yards from Brown’s smoking airplane.
Badly shaken from his crash landing, Hudner climbed out of his Corsair. As he recalled, “The snow was waist-deep, it was colder than I have ever experienced anywhere else, and at first I couldn’t move. It took me over thirty minutes to cover the distance to Jesse’s airplane, and I was damn near frozen stiff by the time I got there.”
Reaching Brown’s Corsair, Hudner discovered his friend’s legs had been crushed in the crash and it was impossible to pull him out of the cockpit because the fuselage had broken in such a way that he was jammed in the cockpit. The Corsair was still smoking. Hudner piled snow on the cowling to try and stop the flames. Brown slipped in and out of consciousness from loss of blood as Hudner fought to free him.
The sun was going down and it was even colder in the shadows. Hudner ripped at the instrument panel in an unsuccessful attempt to pry Brown loose. Finally, a Marine HO3S-1 helicopter from VMO-6 arrived. Hudner and the pilot, Marine Master Gunnery Sergeant Herbert Valentine (a World War II Corsair ace and Navy Cross recipient) tried to break the plane open with a fire axe. In the last light of day, when he had to go or die of frostbite himself, Hudner realized his friend had frozen to death in the cockpit. The helicopter lifted off in a cloud of snow and disappeared over the peaks to the east, leaving Jesse Brown and his Corsair in the frozen stillness.

Изображение
Hudner receiving the Medal of Honor from US President Harry S Truman
In March 1952, Lieutenant (jg) Thomas J. Hudner Jr. became the only member of the United States Navy to be awarded the Medal of Honor during the Korean War, for his willingness to risk his life above and beyond the call of duty in deliberately crash landing to save his friend. His award was one of 14 Medals of Honor awarded for heroism during the Chosin campaign, more than have been awarded for any other American battle.'
Rest in peace, Lieutenant Hudner.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 21 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. The Battle of Cambrai Centenary - 2017-11-20 16:30:00
Today marks the 100th anniversary of the Battle of Cambrai. Fought during World War I, the First Battle of Cambrai saw the birth of armour being used as an operational shock tactic. Following years of tiny gains for the Allies, which were always at the price of huge casualies, the first day at Cambrai saw incredible gains, advacing further in six hours than in three months at Passchendaele. However, the German counterattack that followed was incredibly costly for the Allies, and by the end of the battle on 7 December 1917, both sides had suffered heavy casualties.
Below is an extract from Campaign 187: Cambrai 1917 by Alexander Turner, describing the moment warfare changed on the Western Front, as the British put into action their plan.

'The tanks lurched forwards at 0610hrs precisely – ten minutes ahead of Z-Hour. Their form-up locations were half a mile or so behind the front line to minimize risk of them being heard getting into position. It also gave them a rolling start to achieve section formation.
In the blue-grey twilight, the folds of rolling countryside were blanketed in a cold pale mist; distant woods still just thin bands of black ink on the scene. In the communications trenches and sunken lanes parallel with the leisurely advance, stiff infantrymen were helping each other up, shrugging into a more comfortable fit on webbing equipment while their officers squinted to identify the allotted tank section.

Изображение
The advance of III Corps on 20 November 1917

Inaudible to the tank crews but heartening to any infantryman was the unmistakable, croaky whistle of passing shells. Z-Hour – 0620hrs. German front-line positions became delineated with a brilliant band of rending explosions, blast waves pulsing palpably in the damp morning air. German sentries were launching distress flares, a signal for their artillery to respond. Nothing came over in reply. British counter-battery missions were being fired from the heavier guns further back, suppressing or destroying their counterparts with remarkable precision. The regime of silent registration was vindicated, particularly as many of the Germans in front-line positions were content to remain sheltering in dugouts. They expected the bombardment to continue for some time before any assault.
The first thing to greet Advance Guard tanks was the wire. Even though the tanks had proved their wire-crushing credentials before, commanders still felt trepidation as the great swathes came into view. These belts were dense, but not impenetrable. Tanks had no difficulty forging through. In their wake, they left springy, matted beds for the infantry to negotiate, like walking on giant-sized scouring pads.

In most places, the outpost line was vanquished almost without breaking stride. Dazed defenders felt the weight of this irresistible onslaught and threw their hands up. Nevertheless, the state of terror and panic caused by the tanks is probably overemphasized. By now, many German infantrymen had seen them before. What they were not prepared for was the shock effect of an attack mounted with such surprise and momentum. Even if they did put up resistance, the tide enveloped them hopelessly quickly.
Throughout their depth, the Germans were also being subjected to ground attack by III Brigade RFC. Flying so low that one pilot recalls having to literally ‘leap over’ tanks, ground fire was a significant hazard, accounting for casualty rates of approximately 30 per cent per day. Even so, their contribution was telling. As planned, rear areas were harassed, artillery batteries bombed, troops and horse-drawn vehicles strafed. Pilots flew sorties all day, landing to refuel, re-arm and charge their courage with a slug of strong brandy.'

Изображение
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 23 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Samurai Armour - Volume I - 2017-11-22 10:47:00
From the early history of the samurai, to the evolution of the armour protecting the samurai's chest, Volume I of Trevor Absolon's Samurai Armour is a beautfully designed and illustrated book looking at the incredible aesthetic and strength of the protection worn by the military nobility in medieval Japan.
Today on the blog we welcome Trevor as he discusses his 20-year study of samurai armour and his journey into writing this new two-part series.
When I first became interested in samurai armour in the early 1990s, one of the great frustrations I had was finding reliable reference material on this subject matter. As a student of many of the great conflicts of Western civilization, such as the Napoleonic Wars, the Great War and World War II, I had become accustomed to the easily available and seemingly endless collections of literature that documented these historical events.
While a great number of books about the samurai existed, those that focused specifically on the subject of the armour they wore were rather scarce, and of these, the vast majority of them were re-hashes of the books that had preceded them to print. Irrespective of this fact, I bought every book related to this subject that I could lay my hands on, including those written in Japanese, a language that I ultimately became quite proficient in.
Sadly, as my personal library and understanding of this unique subject matter grew, I began to find that even the most reliable of my reference sources were increasingly unable to answer the questions I had. I also found it extremely frustrating having to flip through many dozens of books in a vain effort to find those answers. What I increasingly found myself wishing for were a couple of highly detailed and in-depth non-Japanese language books that were specifically focused on ancient and feudal period items of samurai armour. And as no texts of this kind existed to my knowledge, I set out to make them.
Thus started an almost three decade long saga, that ultimately resulted in this book, volume one of two books that focus specifically on Japanese armour.

Изображение
A posed image of late 19th century Japanese curio shop
This book, volume one, focuses primarily on the various forms of cuirass, or dō, that the samurai utilized over the centuries, with the other major components such as the kabuto helmet, menpo face mask et cetera forming the subject material for volume two. However, it is impossible to fully understand the items of armour that were utilized by the samurai without having some understanding of how these renowned warriors evolved, who they were, and of course how they fought. Thus the text begins with an in-depth look at the various ethnic groups who metamorphosed into the warriors that we now know as the samurai over the course of the first millennium AD.
As the history of the samurai throughout the course of the second millennium has been covered in great detail in a number of excellent books, the bewildering array of historical events and important characters of feudal Japanese history from the 10th century onward are for the most part only briefly touched on in this text, with the exception of those events and personalities who played a significant role in the evolutionary development and design of the forms of armour that were utilized by the samurai between the 10th and 19th centuries.
The reason for the focus on the dō is that Japanese sets of armour are identified by the form of the cuirass that they were assembled around. Thus to master the subject of Japanese armour, one must first understand the various forms of dō. To help students comprehend this otherwise bewildering subject, the reader is first introduced to the fundamental forms of cuirass and their various components. The reader is then walked through the evolutionary development of each individual form of cuirass and their various off-shoots in chronological order of their appearance on the historical stage.
To truly master the subject of samurai armour, however, one must also learn to utilize the Japanese terminology associated with these items. For example, the term greaves should not be used to describe the protective armour coverings for the shins when the Japanese term, suneate, exists to describe these parts. Likewise, referring to the suneate as ‘the shin guards from a set of samurai armour’, is the equivalent of referring to sushi as ‘pressed, vinegar soaked rice with a seafood garnish’. While explanations are required, failure to utilize the correct indigenous names for these items will ultimately handicap any serious effort to develop a sound understanding of this unique subject matter. For this reason this text relies heavily on the proper Japanese terms for the items of armour being discussed, each of which is introduced and explained as they are encountered. This allows the reader to slowly build up an understanding and confidence in the usage of these terms throughout the course of the text. This process is aided by the fact that a considerable portion of the required terminology tends to build upon itself, the terms being related and often somewhat redundant in nature.

Изображение

Three identical pairs of okashi-shin-zunate (shin guards).
This book also delves into the minutiae of Japanese armour construction and design. For again, a proper understanding of these items can only be achieved when every aspect of these items has been discussed. Thus unlike the generic overviews that are typical of most books on samurai armour, this text not only discusses what the various forms of armour looked like on the outside, it also introduces the reader to how these items were finished on the mostly unseen inside surfaces and the materials in between. As such everything from the fabrics and materials that were used to assemble items of armour and how these were prepared, to how dō were constructed and the logic behind their various designs are discussed in detail, as are many of the other independent component part pieces that were commonly utilized in association with a cuirass, such as flag-holders, armpit guards and some of the other various auxiliary forms of protective armour.
To help the reader better understand and visualize the items being discussed, each chapter is accompanied by a huge array of images of various authentic items of samurai armour. One of the refreshing aspects of these images is that the vast majority of them are of items of armour that have never before appeared in print. They are also unique fact that many of them were selected for the simple fact that they highlight the fine details or other commonly overlooked or even largely unknown aspects of samurai armour, such as how these items were constructed and the materials that were employed in their fabrication.
Aside from some of the largely unknown aspects of the evolution of the samurai, this book also delves into a number of other subjects that have hitherto largely gone undiscussed, such as the influence of foreign-made mail armour on the Japanese and the fact that the most common forms of armour worn by the samurai during the final centuries of their long military reign over Japan were items that utilized mail, or kusari, as the primary form of protection. The historical events and influences that dictated the evolutionary changes in armour construction and design, such as the introduction of new weapons and tactics, to the influence of firearms and even Western forms of armour design are just some of the key discussions that are reviewed in considerable detail in this text.
One of the other objectives of this book and its companion volume is to do away with some of the incorrect historical beliefs and information that exist in regards to the samurai and the items of armour that they wore. While a large amount of this misinformation can be directly attributed to many of the self-serving myths that were created by the warrior class itself, it is unfortunate to note just how much our present-day understanding of these items continues to be based upon bogus information that has been regurgitated over the past century and half in both domestic Japanese and, to a larger degree, in Western literature on this subject.

Изображение
An example of
kebiki odoshi laced ni-mai-dō.
I am confident in the fact that this book takes the study of Japanese armour to a new level. In saying this I’m also cognizant of the fact that much of what I know has been derived from the knowledge of others, including numerous other authors who have gone before me down this road. And to them I am of course thankful. That said, I cannot disregard the bizarre quirks of fate that somehow aligned to make me one of the small handful of individuals of my generation to have established a deep understanding of this unique subject. Having lived almost half of my adult life in Japan, I was ideally positioned to indulge myself in this unusual field of study. Backed by my proficiency in the Japanese language and my eventual career as a dealer in Japanese armour, I was over the course of many years able to study several thousands of authentic pieces of Japanese armour first hand. This knowledge and experience, backed by personal study under some of the most renowned samurai armour scholars in Japan, along with my many-year-long participation in the oldest authentic samurai festival still held in Japan, the prestigious Soma Noma-oi, where I wore samurai armour while mounted during the various stages of this rigorous three-day historical event, has in my opinion qualified me to write about this subject matter with a reasonable degree of confidence.
And while I again recognize the fact that many others almost certainly may equal or best me in my understanding of this unique and incredibly interesting subject matter, such information is sadly wasted in my opinion if those who hold it fail to pass it along. Thus my goal in presenting this book is to empower following generations of enthusiasts with the knowledge that through trial and error and a considerable degree of dogged determination took me decades to amass. For ultimately, I hope that in sharing this information, it will help to ensure the long term preservation of these fabulous works of functional military art from Japan’s feudal period.
To read more about the astonishingly beautiful and intricate pieces of armour, you can pre-order your copy of Samurai Armour by clicking the link here.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 25 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. BLACK FRIDAY SALE! - 2017-11-24 10:09:08
Изображение

Don't miss out on this year's Black Friday Sale, where we have a huge selection of over 2,000 titles on offer. This includes books and eBooks from across our series books and General Military and General Aviation titles. We've also included some of our amazing games, from the classic Escape from Colditz to the newly released Zoo Ball!
Our Black Friday sale runs from today until Monday 27, so don't miss out on a fantastic deal!
2. Osprey Games Black Friday Sale! - 2017-11-24 08:24:00
Изображение

Want great deals on some fantastic games? The Osprey Games Black Friday Weekend Sale gives you the perfect opportunity to add to your collection or to grab gifts for friends and loved ones. We're offering 30% off selected games until Monday 27th of November, so make the most of the deal whilst you can!
Click here to browse our games!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 26 ное 2017, 00:00

1. En préparation sur mon écran : Batailles Aériennes n° 83 : "Opération Steinbock" - 2017-11-25 05:33:00
Voici deux appareils ayant participé au, selon l'expression anglaise, "Baby Blitz"...Qui tua tout de même 1500 civils en Angleterre.
La Bête remue encore et sort ses griffes, mais plus pour longtemps.

Изображение

Изображение
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 29 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Christmas Delivery 2017 - 2017-11-28 09:29:00
Изображение

Christmas has well and truly come to Osprey HQ, and whilst we're in the festive spirit, we have some important information regarding deliveries at this time of year.
To ensure your orders arrive in time for Christmas, please place them before 15 December if you're in the US and UK.

For overseas orders, we will be working hard alongside our distributors to ensure a timely delivery, but unfortunately we cannot account for post in your region.
Whilst we cannot guarantee Christmas delivery for print on demand titles, we do not currently anticipate any additional delays.
And to make your Christmas shopping even easier, we have extended our Black Friday Sale until 15 December, giving you 30% off selected books, eBooks and games. Grab some great gifts for your friends and loved ones, or maybe even get something for yourself (we won't tell)!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 30 ное 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. ANNOUNCEMENT: NEW JUDGE DREDD GAME - 2017-11-29 13:00:27
OSPREY GAMES ANNOUNCES NEW JUDGE DREDD GRAPHIC ADVENTURE CARD GAME BASED ON 'THE LOST EXPEDITION'

Изображение

(COVER NOT FINAL)
Osprey Games is delighted to announce its new graphic adventure card game, Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth, based on the classic 2000AD comic characters.
Duncan Molloy, Games Developer at Osprey Games, has worked with Rebellion to create a new Judge Dredd game using the core mechanics of Osprey’s bestselling 2017 release, The Lost Expedition, from designer Peer Sylvester. Discussing the project, he said, “I’m a huge fan of The Lost Expedition, and from early in development it felt like the best example I’ve seen of a board game capturing the tone of a comic book. To be able to pair the system with one of the most interesting and detailed comic book worlds ever devised has been a joy. Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth will feature entirely new mechanics, such as radiation tracking and psychic abilities, to really capture the feel of Dredd’s world.”
Rebellion’s Brand Licensing Manager, Damien Treece, commented, “we're thrilled to be working with the team at Osprey Games on this new partnership. Osprey and Duncan have a terrific understanding of the world of Judge Dredd and a reputation for publishing high quality games, leaving us in no doubt that Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth will be a perfect fit.”
For years he’s been the law in Mega City One, but now it’s time for Judge Dredd to bring justice to the rest of America. It’s time for him to venture into the Cursed Earth.
Featuring competitive, co-operative and solo player modes and brand-new, specially commissioned artwork, Judge Dredd: The Cursed Earth is an immersive sci-fi western, in which players must lead a team of judges against dinosaurs, mutants, and the Cursed Earth itself in search of an object of immense power before it falls into the wrong hands. As they scour the wastelands, the team will encounter a host of iconic 2000AD characters that will push their resources and abilities to their limits. On an impossible journey through radioactive hell, can even the judges survive the Cursed Earth?
About Osprey Games
Osprey Games is the dedicated games division of Osprey Publishing (part of Bloomsbury Publishing plc) and publishes a wide range of wargames, card games, and board games. Launched in 2014, the company has produced an array of critically acclaimed titles, including Frostgrave: Fantasy Wargames in the Frozen City, Bolt Action, Odin’s Ravens, and The Lost Expedition. www.ospreygames.co.uk
About 2000AD
2000AD is the legendary weekly British anthology comic and home of Judge Dredd, as well as a galaxy of original sci-fi, fantasy, and horror action stars. As well as producing innovative and provocative comics for 40 years, it has brought the industry some of its biggest talents, from Alan Moore, Grant Morrison, and Mark Millar, to Jock, Brian Bolland, Dave Gibbons, and many more. Published in print and digital every Wednesday, 2000AD is the galaxy’s Greatest Comic and remains at the industry’s cutting edge. www.2000ADonline.com
2000AD®, 2000AD IS A REGISTERED TRADEMARK; ® and © REBELLION A/S; ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. JUDGE DREDD®; JUDGE DREDD IS A REGISTERED TRADE MARK; ® and © REBELLION A/S; ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

Изображение
2. Sneak Peek at February Artwork - 2017-11-29 11:59:00
As we leave November behind and enter the festive period, it’s time to first showcase some of the exciting new artwork featured in our upcoming February books.
We have a huge amount of fantastic titles in February, making it especially hard to showcase just three pieces of artwork this month. Hopefully, these three will whet your appetite, and don’t forget to let us know which of these stunning plates has caught your eye!
CAM 318: The Kuban 1943 by Robert Forczyk
Illustrated by Steve Noon

Изображение

First up is a scene from The Kuban 1943, which depicts Kapitan Aleksandr I. Pokryshkin of the Soviet Air Force as he engages a Messerschmitt Bf-109G-2In in his P-39D-2 over the front line near Krymskaya. The P-39 Kobra was the most popular of the Lend-Lease aircraft flown by the VVS (Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily), and remained in service until 1949. I especially love the action that has been captured here.
CBT 30: Gebirgsjäger vs Soviet Sailor by David Greentree
Illustrated by Johnny Shumate

Изображение

This second plate is from the newest addition to our Combat series, Gebirgsjäger vs Soviet Sailor. Here is a sneak peek at the split-screen piece featured in the book. In this half, we see the German point-of-view at the Ambush at Hill 70 on 4 May 1944, where elements of the 12th Naval Infantry Brigade were ambushed as they prepared to counterattack Germans that had established themselves on the summit overnight. In this image the German forces attempt to move forwards through a gap, but upon entering they noticed Soviet naval infantry forming up for an attack below.
ACM 3: Rolling Thunder 1965–68 by Richard P. Hallion
Illustrated by Adam Tooby

Изображение

This final plate is another aviation scene, this time from Rolling Thunder 1965–68 of our new Air Campaign series. Operation Rolling Thunder was one of the most influential air campaigns of the Cold War period, and was a key factor in the US’s defeat in Vietnam. This plate depicts the action on 29 June 1966, when the Navy and Air Force began their first strike on Hanoi’s oil plants, which was part of the operation’s gradual and sustained aerial bombardment objective.
Did any of these new pieces capture your attention? Don’t forget we have more February titles now available for pre-order, which you can look at by clicking here.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 02 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. December's Book Vote and Last Month's Results - 2017-12-01 18:13:00
We've opened the first door on our advent calendar, and now as it's the first of the month, it's time to introduce this month's new book vote! This December, we're asking you to have your say on what should be added to our Campaign series. Have a read of these brief descriptions below and have your say here. Also, let us know what you think in the comments!

CAM - Leuctra 371 BC
CAM - Dyrrachium 1081–83
CAM - Lake Erie 1813
CAM - Kokoda 1942
CAM - Ia Drang 1965

Leuctra 371 BC
A battle between Boeotian forces under the leadership of Thebes and the Spartan Army, then the dominant force in Greece. The battle saw the Thebans under Epaimonides use innovative tactics and achieve an important victory and that heralded the beginning of the end for Sparta as the pre-eminent power in Ancient Greece.
Dyrrachium 1081–83
A clash between the Normans under Robert Guiscard and the Byzantines under their Emperor Alexius I. Following the Norman conquest of southern Italy and Sicily they turned their attention towards the Byzantine territories in Greece and Dyrrachium is the most significant battle of the campaign.
Lake Erie 1813
One of the major naval battles of the War of 1812 between Great Britain and the fledgling United States. The American victory saw them gain control of Lake Erie which had a major impact on the course of the war.
Kokoda 1942
The bitter struggle between Japanese and Allied forces over the Kokoda Trail in Papua New Guinea in 1942. A battle famed for the horrific conditions it was fought under.
Ia Drang 1965
The Pleiku campaign of October–November 1965 was the first substantial battle between the US Army and the People’s Army of Vietnam. It saw the first major combat commitment of the revolutionary 1st Cavalry Division (Airmobile) and is renowned for the actions around Landing Zone X-Ray and Albany as immortalised in the book and the film "We Were Soldiers Once… and Young".
Make your vote by clicking here!
Now onto last month's results! November's book vote focused on our Combat Aircraft series, and whilst at times it was close, the winner with 31.21% is Arado Ar 234 Blitz Bomber. Last month's results can be viewed below. Thanks to all who voted, and don't forget to cast your ballot in this month's vote.

COM - US Navy S-2 Tracker Units 1954-76
9.19%

COM - Arado Ar 234 Blitz Bomber
31.21%

COM - Israeli F-16 Units in Combat
21.15%

COM - Wellington Squadrons of World War 2
27.26%

COM - F-4 Phantom II Wild Weasel Units
11.19%
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 05 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Christmas Gift Quiz 2017 - 2017-12-04 11:15:00
Tis the season for making up Christmas lists, and trying to find the perfect gift for friends and family. It can be a stressful time, so we have decided to make things easier for you. Take our quiz below and find out what you should be getting this Christmas.
Remember to place your order before 15 December if you're in the UK/US to receive your order in time for Christmas!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 09 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey Year in Review: January - April 2017 - 2017-12-08 14:48:00
Изображение

I think it's fair to say that 2017 has been an eventful year - not least for Osprey. By the end of the year, we will have published well over a hundred books across all our series, not to mention scores of blog posts and of course all the book votes. That is an awful lot, and its hard to keep track of it all. Therefore, in this series of blog posts, we are going to be looking back on 2017, starting with the first four months of the year.
Winter & Spring Highlights

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

What people said about our books
Long Range Desert Group
“These are the remarkable never-before-seen pictures of Britain's first ever special forces unit… In his book, historian Gavin Mortimer has interviewed surviving veterans and gained special access to the SAS archives to tell the story of the origins and dramatic operations of the unit.” - Mail Online
Sevastopol's Wars
"The story of Sevastopol is expertly told in this narrative, which blends first-person interviews, battle analysis, and archival material. The author deftly explains how the city has come to occupy a central place in Russian culture and imagination due to its history of struggle." - Military Heritage
Aircraft of the Aces 132: Jagdgeschwader 53 ‘Pik-As’ Bf 109 Aces of 1940
“The book illustrates the dramatic change in appearance of the JG 53’s fighters over time, and is a fascinating and reader friendly study of some of Germany’s most formidable aces.” - Flypast
New Vanguard 246: British Destroyers 1939–45: Pre-War Classes
“The book combines excellent original artwork with drawings and contemporary photographs to give detailed descriptions of these little workhorses of the Royal Navy.” - The Armourer
New Vanguard 245: Early US Armor
“Photographically, there are seldom seen photos of some exotic and unconventional very early tanks like the Holt Gas-Electric and the steam powered flamethrower armed War Tank America. High quality artwork show examples not included in the photographic illustrations. Recommended.” - Tankette Magazine
Our Favourite Artwork
It's so hard every month to pick out just three pieces of artwork from all of those publishing. so picking out the best of them was a real challenge - but we've had a go nonetheless. Which is your favourite?

Изображение

WEAPON 52: Colt Single-Action Revolvers
by Martin Pegler
Illustrated by Mark Stacy and Alan Gilliland
This action-packed image shows a skirmish from the American Civil War. Here you can see the dramatic moment when a Union cavalryman charged a Confederate artillery position.

NEW VANGUARD 246: British Destroyers 1939–45
by Angus Konstam
Illustrated by Tony Bryan
Moving forward in time, we now have a British D-class destroyer HMS Defender and the Australian destroyer Vendetta under air attack by a lone Junkers Ju 88 bomber on 11th July 1941.

Изображение

Изображение

COMBAT 22: Panzergrenadier vs US Armored Infantryman
By Steven J. Zaloga
This thrilling piece of artwork from Johnny Shumate depicts the last desperate moments of the battle of Réchicourt-la-Petite during the Allied advance through eastern France in 1944.

Best of the Blog
Tying into the publication of his book With their Bare Hands, Gene Fax posted a fascinating three-part series of posts on the early history of American machine guns. Have another look at them below:
The Strange Early History of American Machine Guns - Part I
The Strange Early History of American Machine Guns - Part II
The Strange Early History of American Machine Guns - Part III
Right at the start of the year, we had a look at the trailers for war films coming out this year. How many of them did you see, and what did you think of them?
Film 2017 - World War Two
Our partnership with Epic History TV continued, with a fantastic two-part series on the First Crusade. If you missed them, check them out below

Book Vote Winners
January
We started the year with a vote on the Duel series. It was a pretty close race, but in the end two stand-out titles were chosen: Israeli Missile Boat vs Syrian Missile Boat with 23.4%, followed by Athenian Trireme vs Spartan Trireme on 22.4%
February
Combat Aircraft was the focusin February and saw Dornier Do 17 Units of World War 2 win with 35.6%. Trailing in second place was A-10 Thunderbolt II Units of Operation Desert Storm with 23.16% of the vote.
March
This was on some prospective Combat titles, and was one of the closest book votes we have ever had! In first place, with 29.27% of the vote was Russian Soldier vs Swedish Soldier: Great Northern War 1700-09, with Byzantine Warrior vs Seljuk Warrior: 1068-71 only 0.05% behind!
April
We had another close race in April's Men-at-Arms vote. The winner with 30.79% of the vote was Roman Army Units in the Western Provinces (2) 3rd Century AD, which was a mere 0.37% ahead of Armies of the Great Northern War 1700 - 1729.

Osprey Year in Review: January - April 2017
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 13 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. In The Beginning...Again! - Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames - 2017-12-12 09:00:00
Bob Faust, author of Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames and creator of the Brink of Battle ruleset, talks about the creative drive behind the decisions he and Andrew Davies made when creating the game, and the reasons behind some of the gameplay choices.
Artwork by David Auden Nash.
Growing up during the Cold War, I have always had a fascination for Life After The Bomb. More specifically, with dystopian science fiction and Apocalypse survivor settings like Gamma World, Mad Max, or Logan’s Run.
So it was a natural progression that one day I’d release my own vision of Life After the Bomb based on my Brink of Battle: Skirmish Gaming through the Ages rules. The one thing I didn’t want to do was tread the same ground that other Post-Apocalypse themed games had already covered.
When Drew and I started working on Scrappers it was under the premise that we were going to produce a version of Brink of Battle that was easier to learn, faster to play, and oozing with setting specific elements that would lend itself to fit the tastes of a wide range of gamers.
We also wanted a timeline far enough ahead to have ‘edge of space’ science and technology that would then go through an ‘end of days’ event which would result in its survivors searching for high tech artifacts of the Ancients. We also wanted the ‘lower tech’ of the setting to be close to par with our current level of firearm technology coupled with scarcity of resources and random encounters to increase the tension of our games.
Ancient Earth

Изображение

The Scrappers backstory starts roughly 200 years from now. Earth’s population is enormous and its operations are controlled by five artificial intelligences that span the major areas of civilized living with an eye toward space colonization and defense from stellar collisions or potential invasions if hostile lifeforms were encountered.
I wanted something original in the backstory and came up with a love triangle between three of the AI’s leading to a plot by the jilted AI to destroy the object of ‘her’ affection. The plot succeeds and the ‘male’ AI at the center of the triangle is deleted by the humans governing the program. This makes the other ‘female’ AI go insane, as her programming did not account for love and grief in such acute amounts.
We can’t find an instance of a love triangle between AI’s in any sci-fi medium, so if any of our dear readers know of one, we’d love to hear about it. There are no new ideas they say, but here’s hoping!
The Triple Helix Effect
The deleted AI had been sabotaged to release the terraforming protocols known as the Triple-Helix Effect. This added a third strand of DNA to any biological lifeforms encountered on other worlds, and was to alter those biospheres into human compatible environments. At the same time, the non-biological components were also altered to become habitable and ready for colonization.
However, when unleashed on Earth, the whole thing went off the rails and either killed or mutated large numbers of people and other biologicals and also terraformed the environment in bizarre ways. Once the ‘male’ AI’s deletion triggered insanity in the other ‘female’ AI, she turned all of her weapons on the Earth in order to kill the murderous humans. This added nuclear and biological weapons into the mix and pretty handily destroyed the world.
The Aftermath
Fast forward 150 years to when games of Scrappers take place. The Earth survived, barely. Humans that were not affected by the Triple Helix Effect were few and far between. Others not killed by the events of the Apocalypse found themselves mutated and no longer True Humans. And then there were the robots that survived and suffered their own difficulties in a high tech world brought low to barbarism. Now, True Humans, Mutants, and Synthetics band together and search the remaining ruins of the Ancients in hopes of finding Artifacts of sufficient power and utility that they can gain dominance over the world. And after all they’ve been through they still don’t get along…
Изображение
Factions
We wanted players to have something to use as a starting point for building their Scrapper Crews and Factions were a natural fit. Since building each Crew member is done in a free form way and not pulling a direct pre-generated stat line from a ‘list’ having a Faction to guide the assembly of a Crew was a must.
Additionally, nothing helps player buy-in like giving them the bones of a faction and leaving plenty of room for them to flesh out their ideas. This means that no two Scrapper Crews will be the same, even if they have the same Faction.
Each Faction also has a rival Faction it loves to hate. With the 6 paired rival Factions representing the distance between civilization and anarchy, human and mutant bigotry, and low versus high tech, we’ve hopefully captured the essence of these struggles in each Faction theme.
Freelancer Crews have a professional reputation to defend and find other Freelancer Crews to be their rivals. All other Freelancer Crews! This makes things really interesting in Campaign play.
Rival Crews don’t rout as often when fighting each other and always gain more Experience points for Wounding enemies out of the game, so there is an actual mechanical benefit to fighting a rival Crew.
Each Faction has a special feature that changes the way they play in the game. Each feature gives a strategic or logistical benefit to that Faction that represents their unique culture, training, or other abilities.
Lifeforms
Scrappers uses the Lifeform Type to help define the major differences between True Humans unaltered by the Triple Helix Effect, Mutants who were changed by that event, or self-aware Synthetics who have their own agendas.
Each Lifeform Type informs the players about the game mechanics involved. Each type grants access to an exclusive list of Traits and Gear that is useable only by models with those specific Lifeforms.
There are also subdivisions that must be taken within some of the Lifeform Types which further defines that model’s role on the Crew. For example, each Synthetic model must choose a Series sub-type from Thinker, Warrior, or Worker; each with its own twist on the core Synthetic Lifeform Type.
The Rules of Engagement
Our core following of Brink of Battle players will really enjoy this section on how to play the game. We’ve refined the main Brink of Battle rules so that they are not only tightly focused on the type of battles found in the Scrappers universe, but also to be much easier to learn for new players.
All of the intuitive mechanics are still in place, but with more economy of verse than before. After working on Brink of Battle for six years prior to its release in 2012, I found that some of my methodologies were clunky and not as reader friendly as I had hoped. Big lessons learned are wasted if not implemented, and so Scrappers makes clarity a top priority.
And as with BoB, our opposed roll, d10 based, alternating activation system keeps all players fully engaged in the game and keeps the dynamic tension at a high level right up to the end.

Изображение

The Campaign
While people can play one-off games with Scrappers, the game is meant to be played in a Campaign with friends.
Models will earn Experience points when they defeat enemies in a game. These can be saved up and used to purchase Ratings increases or to improve or acquire Traits.
Crews will also be able to participate in Commerce between games so they can sell off their Scrap Tokens for Supply Points and grow their Crew roster, buy up better Gear, etc.
All models Wounded and removed from play must pass a Trauma Check in the After Action Report period between games. Each Lifeform Type has its own Trauma Table which determines the nature of the injury and how it will impact the Wounded model.
Finally, any Artifacts acquired during play will be identified and added to the Crew’s manifest for use in future games.
Missions and Events
While the ‘core’ mission in Scrappers is about recovering Scrap Tokens, there are three variant missions that may crop up from game to game that alter the base mission in some significant way.
In every game, regardless of Mission type, players will check for an Event each time the first four Scrap Tokens are picked up. Events represent things like environmental conditions, stashed Gear or Artifacts, and deadly encounters with mutated plants, animals, and malfunctioning robots. Deadly encounters or powerful Artifacts come into the game through the Event system. Only one Event can occur per game.
Since the timing of the Event is random, the tension of play steps up a notch and creates a very dynamic range of strategic and tactical choices for both players.
Infinite possibilities!
With the amount of variety between Crew build options, Missions, and Events, Scrappers offers an endless combination of taut, exciting games in a futuristic wasteland that is trying to kill you just as much as your rivals!
Pick up your copy of Scrappers: Post-Apocalyptic Skirmish Wargames today and see how you fare in the nuclear wastelands!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 14 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey Year in Review: May - August 2017 - 2017-12-13 14:48:00
Изображение

We continue to look back at 2017 by looking what we got up to this summer. It was a season of great aviation titles for us, with two gorgeous books from John Dibbs (Hurricane and Storm of Eagles) in particular standing out. We also had some titles on the American Revolutionary War (Whispers Across the Atlantic and The Improbable Victory), along of course with one of the highlights of the Osprey calendar: The Big Reveal.
Summer Highlights

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

Изображение

What people said about our books
Storm of Eagles
"Where Eagles dared! Blazing sky battles between the Allies and Nazis and the brave pilots who fought for their country brought to life in ‘breathtakingly’ restored photos." - Mail Online
Soviet T-10 Heavy Tank and Variants
“This is very remarkable and unusual assemblage of detail and original material by the authors and contributors.” - Tankette Magazine
Whispers Across the Atlantick
“David Smith has written an excellent and refreshingly unbaiased account of Sir William Howe’s service in America, and its consequences, which adds a layer of depth to this enigmatic general that you rarely see in histories of the war.” - Adventures in Historyland
Duel 79: USS Lawrence vs HMS Detroit
“This is a fascinating study of a little-known naval battle, and thanks to Mr Lardas, the exploits of the men who fought in such make-shift circumstances will become better known.” - Battlefield Magazine
Campaign 305: Kursk 1943 - The Southern Front
“This interesting book explores this epic battle and it includes detailed maps, excellent period photography and superb artwork. The tactics used by both sides are analysed, their plans assessed and the mistakes made by both sides are described. This was one of the bloodiest battles during the campaign and this book describes it in excellent detail. For Eastern Front enthusiasts, this book is essential reading.” - Military Archive Research

Our Favourite Artwork

Изображение

COMBAT 26: Boer Guerrilla vs British Mounted Soldier

By Ian Knight
This scene shows the height of the battle of Ingogo on 8 February 1881, as the Boers fire at the horses of the Mounted Squadron.

DUEL 79: USS Lawrence vs HMS Detroit

By Mark Lardas
Illustrated by Paul Wright
This plate depicts the Detroit against the USS Niagara at the Battle of Lake Erie, as the climax of the battle is at hand.

Изображение

Изображение

CAMPAIGN 310: The Bar Kokhba War AD 132–136

By Lindsay Powell
Illustrated by Peter Dennis
This final image depicts the ‘Last Stand at Betar’ towards the end of the revolt. The plate shows the resistance of the Jews in Betar as they fend off Roman troops, creating a makeshift barricade in an attempt to slow down the Roman advance, allowing marksmen time to aim and strike.

Best of the Blog
The biggest event on the Osprey blog this summer was our annual Big Reveal, where we announced all of the books that we will be publishing in the New Year. Click the link below to see what we have coming up!
The Big Reveal 2017
One of our most exciting titles coming out in 2018, is Legion vs. Phalanx, written by Myke Cole, author of the bestselling Shadow Ops series. To research his first book for Osprey, Myke went on a trip to Greece with fellow authors Michael Livingston and Kelly DeVries, and he wrote a fascinating multi-part blog series to document his travels.
Myke Cole - Legion vs. Phalanx
With the weather closing in and winter upon us, it seems a lifetime ago since the Osprey marketing team set off for a hot, sunny weekend at IWM Duxford for their Flying Legends Air Show. In a few quieter moments away from selling books, we managed to take some amazing pictures of the vintage aircraft, as well as the Red Arrows!
Osprey at Flying Legends 2017
Author posts are a mainstay of the blog, and here are three of the best from this summer.
Michael McNally and Fontenoy 1745
General Howe and the Writing of Whispers Across the Atlantick
The Inspiration Behind Nakajima B5N ‘Kate’ and B6N ‘Jill’ Units

Book Vote Winners
May
This vote focused on our Campaign series, and saw a straight shootout between Suez 1956 and Warsaw 1920 – but in the end, the latter took the win with a very impressive 39.87% of the vote.
June
In this contest for the X-Planes series, it was a close call. Northrop F-20 Tiger Shark almost claiming the top spot, but in the end, the winner was Dutch and Belgian Pre-War Prototypes, which claimed 26.98% of the vote.
July
This was even closer vote in the Weapon series, with just 0.36% between the top two picks. The winner, however, with 26.47% of the vote was The Walther P38 Pistol, with the Browning Hi-Power at 26.11%, just behind.
August
By contrast, this vote for the New Vanguard series could not have been less close, as The Russian Navy of the Russo-Japanese War steered its way to a clear victory with a whopping 41.33% of the vote. Second place went to Torpedo Motorboats 1915-1919, though that was quite behind with 19.99%.

Previous Post: Osprey Year in Review: January - April 2017
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 16 дек 2017, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Dracula's America - Creating the Hunting Grounds! - 2017-12-15 12:48:00
Jonathan Haythornthwaite is the author of Dracula's America: Shadows of the West, a skirmish wargame set in an alternate Old West where Dracula has become President of the United States of America. In this blog he talks about the process of writing Hunting Grounds, the eagerly anticipated first supplement to the game.
Artwork by aRU-MOR.
Writing a supplement for Dracula’s America: Shadows of the West was a deceptively simple premise and something I had always secretly hoped I’d be asked to do. I already had a whole raft of additional material and half-finished ideas that, for one reason or another, didn’t make it into the book. Out of these ideas, a few strong themes had emerged that would allow me to explore areas of the game world in greater detail and tell more of its story.
The trick was to take these different elements and somehow forge them into cohesive and interesting books!

Изображение
Native American history has always been a fascinating and moving subject for me – particularly within the context of the 1800s – and so I knew that the next book would have to focus on this in some way. The obvious starting point was the rich mythology of the Tribes. I started researching the various strange entities and creatures to be found, their powers, and their habits (always one of my favourite parts of writing!) in search of interesting NPCs for the new book. Some are returning ‘favourites’ like the Wendigo, but the majority are new – and often quite lethal – additions from the spirit realm (and my own fevered imagination)!
At the same time, I needed to come up with some game mechanics that would add something genuinely new to the experience of playing Dracula’s America. My research into the spirit world of the Native Americans had convinced me that this was the route I wanted to take and also gave the new book its title! The idea I came up with was giving models the ability to pass between two worlds mid-game, allowing them to step into or out of the Hunting Grounds to move through walls and get the drop on their enemies in the physical realm, or claim loot lying in Ghost Towns that could appear and disappear from one plane or the other without warning. After a lot of intensive playtesting, I ended up with a simple mechanic tied in to the cards that did what I wanted, and I can’t wait to see how folks exploit this new dimension (literally!) of play!
So I had my core theme and a fun new way to paly the game, now I needed to flesh out the rest of the book. My preferred way of doing this is by writing the background first and then letting this influence the rules mechanics! To do this meant looking into the real-world history and then reshaping it to suit the alternate timeline, another element of writing Dracula’s America I thoroughly enjoy. During this process, my notes became several pages of ‘history’ that hit all the beats associate with the ‘Indian Territory’ and the surrounding areas at the time; the gold-rush, the continuing battles between the US Army and the Native Americans, and the rise of the railroads across America. Once I had this locked in, the rest of the books just seemed to flow together and grow organically. Watching the pieces drop into place before my eyes was incredibly rewarding, and I was relieved that I seemed to be on the right track! As always, I hope that people will enjoy seeing how and why the history of Dracula’s America has diverged from our reality (and forgive me my excess in this regard!).

Изображение
You can now lead the Forsaken Faction – remnants of Custer’s 7th Cavalry now cursed to become uncontrollable were-beasts after the Battle of Little Big Horn – in battle against the ghostly warriors of the Shadow Dragon Tong (whose true goals remain suitably shrouded in mystery). This takes place in both the sacred wildernesses of Indian Territory and the dark streets and vice dens of Deadwood City. You can buy into the craze of Spiritualism, go on a Vision Quest to seek your Totem-Spirit, carve out your own Territory and build a Hideout, take Bounty-Hunting jobs, hire yourself out as a Mercenary, and likely get yourself Outlawed for your trouble.
Skinwalker Tribe players will find a short list of new Shamanism Powers for their Arcanists to wield, as well as ‘Themes’ that will allow your Posse to represent the traits of various Tribes a little better than the ‘generic’ list given in Dracula’s America: Shadows of the West. Meanwhile, Crossroads Cult players (as the main instigators of most of the trouble in the Indian Territory) will also get to play with new Diabolism Powers that give them tricks that will let them use their various Summoned Abyssals to greater effect (players of the other Factions, do not fear, your time is coming!).
Of course, everybody will get Spiritualism Powers and a whole host of new Gear to try out – including the much request rules for close combat weapons such as swords and spears!
With Dracula’s America I knew right from the outset that I wanted to build an evolving storyline that players could get involved in and follow from one book to the next. This starts with the seven Scenarios you will find in Dracula’s America: Shadows of the West: Hunting Grounds, and will continue in book three. I don’t want to give too much away, but I will say this…
Dracula isn’t the worst thing lurking in the Shadows of the West!
Dracula's America: Shadows of the West: Hunting Grounds will be out on 25th January 2018. Preorder your copy today!
Заключена

Върни се в “Новости от производителите на модели / Manufacturers' news”