Новини - литература и периодика - Архив 2015г.

Раздел за фирмени новини
Потребителски аватар
Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България
Регистриран: 02 яну 2012, 19:25

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 01 ное 2015, 00:02

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey's World Tour - Spain - 2015-10-31 08:05:00
Osprey's World Tour sees us delving into our extensive backlist of books as we explore the globe through military history.

Today Osprey's World Tour is taking us to Spain, with a beautiful image taken from New Vanguard 96: Spanish Galleon 1530–1690. The ship in the painting is the San Mateo, a Portuguese-built galleon, part of the Spanish fleet that fought at the Battle of Azores.

Изображение

The San Mateo at the Battle of the Azores, 1582
Extract from New Vanguard 96: Spanish Galleon 1530–1690 by Angus Konstam.
The battle fought off the Azores in 1582 was probably the first major naval engagement in history to be fought out of sight of land. When Spain conquered Portugal in 1580, the only portion of the Portuguese overseas empire to resist the Spanish was the Azores. In 1580 the French crown sent a fleet under the command of the mercenary Admiral Filipo Strozzi to help defend the islands. This action resulted in the Spanish sending their own fleet to the Azores, under the command of the veteran Captain-General Don Álvaro de Bazán, Marquis of Santa Cruz. The two fleets met some 18 miles south of the island of Saõ Miguel on 26 July (the battle is sometimes named after the island’s port, Punta Delgada). Strozzi had 40 warships at his disposal, and Bazán 21. In addition, each fleet contained a squadron of transports. The French opened the battle by engaging the Spanish rear with half of their fleet. Although the Spanish were outnumbered two to one, Bazán managed to bring the rest of his fleet into battle, to give him parity in numbers. The brunt of the French attack was borne by the Portuguese-built galleon San Mateo, a vessel of 750 toneladas, armed with approximately 30 guns. Although simultaneously boarded by several French ships her soldiers held their ground, and repulsed all attacks. They then took the fight to the enemy, boarding and capturing two French vessels before the battle ended. Bazán won a stunning victory against superior odds, capturing ten enemy ships in all and driving the French from the Azores. The islands were captured by Spanish troops the following year. The image shows the San Mateo at the height of the fighting.

Further Reading
If you want to read more about Spanish military history then the books in the list below would be a great place to start!
Warrior 40: The Conquistador
Campaign 86: The Armada Campaign 1588
Essential Histories 60: The Spanish Invasion of Mexico 1519–1521
New Vanguard 170: Spanish Civil War Tanks
Men-at-Arms 500: Armies of Castile and Aragon 1370–1516
Feel there is anything Osprey have missed out as far as Spanish military history is concerned? Let us know in the comments section below!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 02 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Sunday Photo - The Battle of Coronel - 2015-11-01 08:01:24
On 1 November 1914 the Royal Navy suffered its first defeat of the First World War, with Graf Maximilian von Spee’s forces securing victory over a squadron led by Rear-Admiral Sir Christopher Cradock at the Battle of Coronel. The British were outnumbered and outgunned, but Cradock was convinced that his orders were to fight to the end. By the end of the battle the British had lost HMS Good Hope and HMS Monmouth, with the German fleet emerging almost entirely unscathed.
The photograph below shows the victorious German squadron leaving Valparaiso on 3 November 1914.

Изображение
Image from Wikipedia
What they did not realise was that their victory at the Battle of Coronel had caused the British to send a large force to track down and destroy the German cruiser squadron. The majority of the ships in this photograph would be sunk at the Battle of the Falkland Islands a little over a month later.
To read more about the battle of Coronel and the events that followed take a look at Campaign 248: Coronel and Falklands 1914. We also have a range of New Vanguard titles looking at World War One vessels, such as New Vanguard 200: British Battleships 1914–18 (1), Duel 31: British Dreadnought vs German Dreadnought and New Vanguard 227: Ottoman Navy Warships 1914–18.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 03 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. November Book Vote 2015 - 2015-11-02 10:29:30
November’s book vote is here, looking at 5 fantastic potential titles for the Elite series. Take a look!

ELI: North American Forest Warfare Tactics 16th–18th Centuries

ELI: 19th Century Colonial Warfare

ELI: World War II Combat Equipments: USSR, Japan & Italy

ELI: Italian Fascist Organizations 1940–45

ELI: Vietnam War Boobytrap Tactics

Head onto the homepage to cast your vote!

Last month's Book Vote was looking at the Combat series. Let's see how the voting turned out.

CBT: Japanese Soldier vs Russian Soldier: Russo-Japanese War 1904–05
31%

CBT: French Soldier vs Prussian Soldier: Franco-Prussian War 1870–71
25%

CBT: Maori Warrior vs British Soldier: 1845–70
17%

CBT: Prussian Infantryman vs Austrian Infantryman: 1740–63
15%

CBT: US Rifleman vs British Redcoat: War of 1812
12%

Japanese Soldier vs Russian Soldier: Russo-Japanese War 1904–05 claims victory in October, with French Soldier vs Prussian Soldier: Franco-Prussian War 1870–71 coming in a close second. Which did you vote for? Let us know in the comments section below!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 04 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Soldier, Spy - A Survivor's Tale - 2015-11-03 08:30:32

Изображение
Soldier, Spy
, the eagerly anticipated follow-up to Rifleman, is the story of a soldier returning to civilian life and all the challenges it entails.
Facing a new and ever-changing London, a shifting political landscape and plenty of opportunities to make a few bob, repairing the bomb damage and doing construction work on the Festival of Britain site, Vic moves from one job and pastime to the next, becoming by turns cyclist, builder, decorator, trade union official, Communist Party member and long-distance lorry driver. Finally he is offered 'a nice clean job' as chauffeur to the chairman of the Moscow Narodny Bank in which he will be able to return home to his wife and children every night. However, there is more to his new employers than meets the eye, and it is not long before his wartime work with the Long Range Desert group catches up with him in the form of an approach from the security services. Lured by the excitement his postwar life has lacked, Vic adds spy to his roster of employments, risking everything in the process.

Extract
Beginning in 1946, when Victor Gregg was demobbed after the end of the Second World War and deposited in London Paddington, Soldier, Spy is the story of a soldier returning to civilian life and all the challenges it entails.

Facing a new and ever-changing London, a shifting political landscape and plenty of opportunities to make a few bob, repairing the bomb damage and doing construction work on the Festival of Britain site, Vic moves from one job and pastime to the next, becoming by turns cyclist, builder, decorator, trade union official, Communist Party member and long-distance lorry driver. Finally he is offered 'a nice clean job' as chauffeur to the chairman of the Moscow Narodny Bank in which he will be able to return home to his wife and children every night. However, there is more to his new employers than meets the eye, and it is not long before his wartime work with the Long Range Desert group catches up with him in the form of an approach from the security services. Lured by the excitement his postwar life has lacked, Vic adds spy to his roster of employments, risking everything in the process. - See more at: http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/soldier-sp ... 3c3wO.dpuf
Beginning in 1946, when Victor Gregg was demobbed after the end of the Second World War and deposited in London Paddington, Soldier, Spy is the story of a soldier returning to civilian life and all the challenges it entails.

Facing a new and ever-changing London, a shifting political landscape and plenty of opportunities to make a few bob, repairing the bomb damage and doing construction work on the Festival of Britain site, Vic moves from one job and pastime to the next, becoming by turns cyclist, builder, decorator, trade union official, Communist Party member and long-distance lorry driver. Finally he is offered 'a nice clean job' as chauffeur to the chairman of the Moscow Narodny Bank in which he will be able to return home to his wife and children every night. However, there is more to his new employers than meets the eye, and it is not long before his wartime work with the Long Range Desert group catches up with him in the form of an approach from the security services. Lured by the excitement his postwar life has lacked, Vic adds spy to his roster of employments, risking everything in the process. - See more at: http://www.bloomsbury.com/uk/soldier-sp ... 3c3wO.dpuf
I remember one day during the Battle of Alamein when my friend Frankie Batt, a man I had enlisted with way back in 1937, was blown to pieces. I recall trying in vain to put the bits together, to somehow bring Frankie back to life. As I picked up what was left of him I could feel the hate burning inside me. Accounts would have to be settled. For the next three or four weeks our section of three carriers never brought a single prisoner back to the lines, despite the fact that the battle was nearly over and the enemy were coming forward in their hundreds with their arms raised in surrender. So long as no officer or senior non-comm. was witness we shot as many as we could until our anger died its own death. Friends and well-wishers have told me over the years that I have nothing to feel guilty about and that me and my mates were only doing our duty. Even now, all these years later, I’m not so sure.
I fought in the Second World War from its start in 1939 to its fiery ending in May 1945 when I emerged from the ruins of the beautiful city of Dresden with my mind and body scarred. I witnessed things that I had not thought possible and my brain was filled with images of suffering that were to haunt me for the next forty years. But for now the fighting was all over and the final gift from a grateful country was a civilian suit, a train ticket home and, if I remember correctly, about £100 of back-service pay.
Today we are called heroes but back then we got the impression that we returning servicemen were a necessary evil. For six years I had lived in a world where killing was both taught and encouraged. In this new post-war world it seemed to me that even a frown could get me in front of a magistrate on a charge of ‘disturbing the peace’.
I had started out like all my comrades, soldiers, sailors and airmen, with a laugh and a song and finished up a prisoner of war in the ashes and rubble of Dresden, surrounded by pyres of burnt bodies. The events of the night of 13 February 1945 and the days that followed changed me more than anything that I had seen in all of the rest of the war. I thought that the people who were in charge, the masterminds behind the fire-bombing of the city, were tarred with the same evil brush as the enemy.

Soldier, Spy is available to preorder on the Bloomsbury website, and is due to be released on 5 November 2015.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 04 ное 2015, 18:00

1. En préparation sur mon écran : BATAILLES AÉRIENNES n° 75 , LE DÉBARQUEMENT EN PROVENCE Partie II. - 2015-11-04 08:38:00
Bonjour,
je viens de terminer le premier lot de profils pour le BA n° 75, reste encore les B-25J, les B-17 et les P-47 à dessiner.
Voici en avant première un B-26. Il y aura en tout au moins vingt cinq profils en couleur .
Etant donné le nombre important d'unités en action durant cette opération les sujets ne manquent pas, rien que pour le B-25 j'aurai pu en réaliser au moins une vingtaine...

Изображение
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 05 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. 4 November 1791 - the battle of the Wabash - 2015-11-04 08:30:57
On 4 November 1791 Native Americans and US Army forces clashed at the battle of the Wabash. The fighting that followed ended in crushing defeat for Arthur St Clair's forces, with the Native Americans securing their greatest ever victory over the US army.

Изображение
Illustration by Peter Dennis
The Wabash Ravine, November 4 1791, 7.15AM
Extract from Campaign 240: Wabash 1781 by John F Winkler
At 6.45am, attacking Indians quickly overran the Kentucky militia camp. The surviving militiamen then fled down an Indian trail into the ravine through which the Wabash River flows. Across the river, the militiamen reached the end of St Clair’s Trace, which they followed up the other side of the ravine to the ridge on which the American army was encamped. Indians pursuing the militiamen attacked the camp, but were driven back.
This artwork shows the scene a half hour after the first Indian attack. Indians now surround the camp. Those in the foreground are Miami Indians, in positions across the Wabash from the end of St Clair’s Trace. Miamis behind trees and on the ground are firing muskets at American soldiers on the ridge. To their right lies a Kentucky frontiersman, who has been overtaken and scalped. Ahead, before the Wabash, and along St Clair’s Trace, the bodies of other dead Kentucky militiamen can be seen. To their right and left, Miamis are returning from their attack on the camp. On the ridge, the three 6-pdr guns of Captain Mahlon Ford’s Company have begun firing at the Miamis. The tree branches above and ahead of the Miamis are shaking, as balls from fired American artillery canisters strike them about every ten seconds. To the left of the guns, which are aimed too high to harm the Miamis, are soldiers of Major John Clark’s Western Pennsylvania Battalion. To the right are those of Major Thomas Butler’s Eastern Pennsylvania Battalion. In the right foreground is the Miami commander William Wells. Captured by the Miami as a boy, Wells was the brother of Captain Samuel Wells, a Kentucky militia commander who survived the Indian attack. Wells is listening to a British officer, one of two from the 24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regiment of Foot covertly sent from the Detroit garrison to advise the Indians. The officer, who is wearing the winter coat of an Ojibwe warrior and carrying an Ojibwe war club, is urging him to advance the Miami line closer to the American artillery.
Further Reading
If you'd like to read more about the battle of the Wabash take a look at Campaign 240: Wabash 1791 by John F Winkler. Other books looking at conflicts between Native Americans and the US army include Campaign 256: Fallen Timbers 1794 and Campaign 287: Tippecanoe 1811.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 06 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Ancient Warfare on the Big Screen - 2015-11-05 11:06:42
Film night at my house usually involves popcorn, beer, a sofa – or even a comfy floor, I’m not that fussy – and of course an epic helping of cinematic perfection. This week we decided to endure Wolfgang Petersen’s rendition of Troy (2004) and, while it’s certainly a far cry from ‘cinematic perfection’, it got me thinking about the wider portrayal of ancient warfare in both the media and film industry alike. Take for example the beautifully choreographed fight scene between Achilles (Brad Pitt) and Hector (Eric Bana) which, although highly entertaining, can hardly been seen as an accurate representation of hoplite warfare. Baking under the punishing heat of the afternoon sun, clad in a heavy, bronze cuirass, greaves and helmet of the traditional hoplite warrior, warfare in Bronze Age Greece would have been a cumbersome, exhausting and decidedly brutal affair.

Изображение
There is a definite lack of aerial attacks in this scene from Myth 8: Troy: Last War of the Heroic Age
Artwork by José Daniel Cabrera Peña

Perhaps most important of all to remember is that engagements of any kind would have been brief and utterly devoid of aerial acrobatics – especially those involving a dramatic leap in an attempt to reach the vulnerable points in your opponent’s armour (sorry Brad). In the face of such conditions the economy of movement meant the difference between life and death. Combatants would hack away until exhaustion set in and the opportunity for a killing blow presented itself, or a lucky strike found an exposed area of flesh. Petersen’s Troy is not alone in its misrepresentation of ancient warfare, there are a host of other films that favour showmanship over reality (300 and its sequel to give but two examples). I’d be interested to hear what you think are the worst (or best) examples of Hollywood warfare? I’m always on the lookout for new additions to movie night!
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 07 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. 6 November 1935 - First Flight of the Hawker Hurricane - 2015-11-06 08:10:49
Extract from Air Vanguard 6: Hawker Hurricane Mk I-V by Martyn Chorlton
On 3 November 1935, George Bulman taxied the fighter out onto the Brooklands grass, so beginning the steady task of acclimatising himself to the aircraft. His first impressions centred on the improved visibility; he said that ‘there was more daylight in the cockpit’ and described the view as ‘marvellous’. Bulman later told Camm that he was particularly impressed with the ease of disembarkation.
A potential set back reared its head on 4 November, when Rolls-Royce informed Hawker that the Merlin had failed to pass its 50-hour certification test. A quick inspection had failed to reveal why the engine lost power after just 40 hours. After consultation, Bulman suggested that the first flight should be made with a certified engine providing there was no sign of a drop on the magneto. Bulman also said that the oil filter should be checked for signs of metal fragments after the first and every subsequent flight until Rolls-Royce had discovered the reason for the problem. None of the Hawker or Rolls- Royce engineers disagreed with Bulman’s cautious but positive approach.

Изображение

402 Squadron Mk IIB
Illustration by Simon Smith
On 6 November Bulman, with approximately 80 onlookers, taxied K5083 out for its first flight. No press were informed, let alone invited, and photography was not permitted, such was the level of secrecy surrounding Hawker’s latest product. Taxiing to the end of the runway, the silver monoplane turned into the wind and, with a roar from its Merlin, seemed to be into the air and over the banking of the old racing circuit in no time at all. Bulman was instantly impressed with the fighter, and was content to carry a general handling flight, although he did perform a slow roll and reached 300mph in a gentle dive with ease. He also carried out a stall test with undercarriage and flaps down; the aircraft stalled at 80mph, from which recovery was quickly achieved by slight forward pressure on the stick. After just over half an hour, Bulman floated back over the old banking and, with its big Watts propeller seemingly hardly turning, the aircraft performed a gentle three-point landing. Bulman was greeted by a jubilant Tommy Sopwith and Sydney Camm, who drove across the airfield in a Roll-Royce.
Incredibly, Bulman never filed an official flight test report for this historic event, instead choosing to jot down his impressions on a secretary’s note pad! He briefed Camm about the flight and included comments about engine temperatures, which built up rapidly while taxiing. The temperature also increased quickly following the lowering of the flaps, suggesting that the airflow was being retarded at the rear of the radiator. These were merely comments; his major complaint was about the aircraft’s canopy, which constantly creaked and flexed during flight. Once Bulman had completed his brief, he gave Camm a broad grin, playfully punched him on the shoulder and said, ‘Syd, you’ve most certainly got a winner here!’ Camm, however, did not feel the same way at this stage...
If you'd like to read more about the Hawker Hurricane take a look at Air Vanguard 6: Hawker Hurricane Mk I–V by Martyn Chorlton and Aircraft of the Aces 57: Hurricane Aces 1941–45 by Andrew Thomas.

Video of Hawker Hurricane, Supermarine Spitfire and Avro Lancaster in action
Courtesy of 8K Next
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 08 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey's World Tour - Scotland - 2015-11-07 08:13:00
Osprey's World Tour sees us delving into our extensive backlist of books as we explore the globe through military history.
Today we are heading to Scotland with an illustration taken from Campaign 117: Stirling Bridge and Falkirk 1297-98. This piece of artwork shows the legendary William Wallace rejecting the English terms of submission

Изображение

William Wallace and Andrew Murray on the Abbey Craig
Extract from Campaign 117: Stirling Bridge and Falkirk 1297-98 by Peter Armstrong

High on the Abbey Craig, William Wallace delivers his famous rejection of the English terms of submission delivered by the Dominicans sent by John de Warenne as envoys to the Scots. There would have been many such clerks and non-combatants employed in the earl’s extensive household. Wallace, as befits his status as joint commander of the army of Scotland, is armed conventionally. His armour and weapons are products of the finest continental craftsmanship. At his side his young squires carry his shield and helm. Behind the apprehensive friars stands Sir Andrew Murray, flanked by his banner and that of St Andrew, the ancient national flag of Scotland. The saint’s cross is worn as a badge on the padded akheton of the well-equipped spearman in the foreground and by the fighting men of the schiltrons assembled on the plain below.
In the distance, beyond the loops of the River Forth the mighty fortress of Stirling stands guard over the bridge where English troops are assembling. The arms of Andrew Murray are known from a seal attached to a document of 1296. William Wallace's arms are unknown though he is generally attributed with ‘gules a lion rampant argent’. The seal attached to the so-called ‘Lubeck letter’, which was sent by Wallace and Murray to the citizens of that town after their victory at Stirling Bridge, survives – one of the few artefacts that have come down to us that can be connected with Wallace. It displays the Royal Arms of Scotland on the front but the reverse, which is of most interest to us, shows a hand drawing an arrow on a bow. Had this seal been Murray's it must have displayed the stars used as charges by his family. He was, by the time the letter was sent to Lubeck either dead or dying of wounds sustained in the battle, so logically this must be the seal used by Wallace. The bow and arrow device is not displayed on a shield as would be usual with a heraldic charge, so it doesn't really amount to a coat of arms as such. The faint inscription surrounding the image of the bow and arrow reads: [wilelm]vs filivs alani walais, that is ‘William Son of Alan Wallace’, which throws new light on the name of William’s father. An Alan Wallace, a crown tenant of Ayrshire, sealed the Ragman Roll in 1296 when he submitted to Edward I. There are several Ayrshire Wallace seals attached to the Ragman Roll but none of them display a lion. The devices used are a fleur de Lys, a curlew with foliage behind, and a cross paty. The attribution of a rampant lion to Wallace is probably simply due to the notion that, as Scotland herself is symbolised by the king of beasts, what could be more fitting for Scotland’s National Hero?

Further Reading

Here are a selection of other Osprey books looking at Scottish military history.
Elite 167: Scottish Renaissance Armies 1513-1550
Warrior 143: Galloglass 1250-1600
Essential Histories 72: The Jacobite Rebellion 1745-46
Fortress 46: Castles and Tower Houses of the Scottish Clans 1450–1650
Men-at-Arms 442: Queen Victoria’s Highlanders
What areas of Scottish military history are you interested in? Let us know in the comments section.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 09 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Remembrance Sunday - 2015-11-08 08:00:40
Today there will be services across Britain as we remember those who have given their lives in the service of their country. In remembrance of all those who have fallen, we would like to offer these famous words from Laurence Binyon.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Изображение
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 10 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey Adventures: The Big Reveal - 2015-11-09 09:47:38
Want to see what Osprey Adventures are bringing you in 2016? Here are the upcoming releases!
PLEASE NOTE - Not all covers are final.

Dwarf Warfare (January 2016)

Изображение

Fortune and Glory: A Treasure Hunter's Handbook (January 2016)

Изображение

Nazi Moonbase (April 2016)

Изображение

The Cthulhu Wars: The United States' Battles against the Mythos (May 2016)

Изображение

Steampunk Soldiers: The American Frontier (May 2016)

Изображение

Elf Warfare (June 2016)

Изображение

Undead Warfare (September 2016)

Изображение

The Cthulhu Wars: Ancient Rome (November 2016)

Be sure to take a look at Osprey's 2016 Releases as well as the Wargames Big Reveal.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 11 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. The United States Marine Corps Memorial - 2015-11-10 08:07:18
On 10 November 1954, the 179th anniversary of the US Marine Corps, President Dwight D. Eisenhower unveiled the Marine Corps War Memorial. Inspired by Joe Rosenthal’s Pulitzer Prize winning photograph ‘Raising the Flag at Iwo Jima’, sculptor Felix de Weldon spent nine years creating the iconic statue after being commissioned to create the memorial in 1945. He made sculptures from life of three of the six men who raised the flag and used photographs and descriptions to sculpt the three who lost their lives later on the island.
To mark the 240th anniversary of the Marine Corps we thought we would share some photographs of the United States Marine Corps War Memorial, which is dedicated to all personnel of the United States Marine Corps who have given their life for their country since 1775.

Изображение

Rene Gagnon, one of the Marines who raised the flag on Iwo Jima, posing for Felix de Weldon. The three men who survived all posed for him, with photographs used as a reference for the three who did not.
Photo courtesy of US Marine Corps

Изображение

The statues were cast in bronze at a factory in Baltimore, then loaded onto flatbed trucks to be transported to the memorial for assembly.
Photo courtesy of the US Marine Corps / PFC D. Haas

Изображение

In this photo the first figure, that of Harlon Block, is put into position. Corporal Block was killed later during an attack toward Nishi Ridge
Image courtesy of the US Marine Corps / MSgt John J. Connolly

Изображение

The figures of Michael Strank, Franklin Sousley and Ira Hayes are put into position. Sergeant Miachel Strank and Private First Class Franklin Sousley both lost their lives at Iwo Jima
Image courtesy of the United States Marine Corps / Cpl Donald M. Sutton

Изображение

Sculptor Felix de Weldon helps to guide the final components of his statue into place.
Image courtesy of the United States Marine Corps / Cpl Donald M. Sutton

Изображение

The United States Marine Corps Memorial.
For the Marine dead of all wars, and their comrades of other servies who fell fighting beside them.
Image courtesy of Adrian R. Rowan / Wikipedia

If you would like to read about the history of the US Marine Corps Osprey have a number of books, such as Men-at-Arms 327: US Marine Corps in World War I 1917–18, Warrior 109: US Marine Corps Raider 1942–43 and Elite 190: US Marine Infantry Combat Uniforms and Equipment 2000–12.
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 12 ное 2015, 00:00

Blog
Blog

1. Osprey Remembers... - 2015-11-11 11:00:00
Today is Armistice Day, a global commemoration for all those who lost their lives in the First World War.
To commemorate Armistice Day Osprey will delve into our backlist of titles to look at some of the armies that fought in the Great War. Unfortunately we will not be able to look at every nationality involved in this global conflict, and so we would like to start by listing all the countries that fought in the war.

Africa: Algeria, Angola, Anglo-Egyptian Sudan, Basutoland, Bechuanaland, Belgian Congo, British East Africa (Kenya), British Gold Coast, British Somaliland, Cabinda, Cameroon, Egypt, Eritrea, French Equatorial Africa, Gabun, Middle Congo, Ubangi-Schari, French Somaliland, French West Africa, Dahomey, Guinea, Ivory Coast, Mauretania, Senegal, Upper Senegal and Niger, Gambia, German East Africa, Italian Somaliland, Liberia, Madagascar, Morocco, Portuguese East Africa (Mozambique), Nigeria, Northern Rhodesia, Nyasaland, Sierra Leone, South Africa, South West Africa (Namibia), Southern Rhodesia, Togoland, Tripoli, Tunisia, Uganda and Zanzibar
America: Brazil, Canada, Costa Rica, Cuba, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Guadeloupe, Newfoundland, Nicaragua, Panama, Philippines, USA, West Indies, Bahamas, Barbados, British Guiana, British Honduras, French Guiana, Grenada, Jamaica, Leeward Islands, St Lucia, St Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago
Asia: Aden, Arabia, Bahrein, El Qatar, Kuwait, Trucial Oman, Borneo, Ceylon, China, India, Japan, Persia, Russia, Siam, Singapore, Transcaucasia, Turkey
Australasia and Pacific Islands: Antipodes, Auckland, Austral Islands, Australia, Bismarck Archipelago, Bounty, Campbell, Carolina Islands, Chatham Islands, Christmas, Cook Islands, Ducie, Elice Islands, Fanning, Flint, Fiji Islands, Gilbert Islands, Kermadec Islands, Macquarie, Malden, Mariana Islands, Marquesas Islands, Marshal Islands, New Guinea, New Caledonia, New Hebrides, New Zealand, Norfolk, Palau Islands, Palmyra, Paumoto Islands, Pitcairn, Phoenix Islands, Samoa Islands, Solomon Islands, Tokelau Islands, Tonga
Europe: Albania, Austria-Hungary, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, Estonia, Finland, France, Great Britain, Germany, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Turkey
Atlantic Islands: Ascension, Falkland Islands, Sandwich Islands, South Georgia, St Helena, Tristan da Cunha
Indian Ocean Islands: Andaman Islands, Cocos Islands, Mauritius, Nicobar Islands, Reunion, Seychelles

We would also like to take this opportunity to send our thoughts to all those that have been, and are still, affected by conflict.

Please use the links at below to navigate your way through our Armistice Day blog series.

Part Two: Britain, Germany, France, Austria-Hungaria and Russia
Потребителски аватар

Мнение от Клуб Стендов Моделизъм България » 13 ное 2015, 18:00

Kagero's Area
Kagero's Area.

1. Ka-50 & Ka-52 - 2015-11-13 07:48:51
Kamov design bureau was established in late 1940s after successful demonstration of single engine ultra-light Ka-8 type and its improved derivate Ka-10, which was maiden flown on 30th of August 1949.
Заключена

Върни се в “Новости от производителите на модели / Manufacturers' news”